some of my finds this year.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have not been finding many gold rings at all!!!! here on the east coast with sanded in conditions and wave action gold rings are sinking out of range very quickly!!! everyone i talk to say that they are doing the same and some say this is there worst year of hunting as far as gold rings go ever!
living here has its benifits, you get to see scenes like this following picture almost daily. not to mention the shooting stars seen from the beach while hunting and the rainbows and double rainbows during and after alot of thunderstorms. last night the water when agitated by waves, my scoop, a fish taking off or any movement at all would "light up"/luminate it was flat out beautiful and if anyone knows the reason for this i would love to here it!!!!!
2012-06-01_20-18-28_91.jpg

on one recent hunt this solid wooden globe washed in with the tide, i thought it was a bowling ball at first until i got close enough to see it at night.
2012-04-18_13-30-22_135.jpg

found my first fake spanish coin, its gold colored and looked real good in the scoop for about 1/2 a second!
2012-04-18_13-33-03_739.jpg

heres a 10kt gold bracelet with fake stones and a plated tiffany & co. bracelet.
2012-04-18_13-33-30_52.jpg

here is a group pic of alot of stuff i have not posted yet,the rings at top are plain tungsten or titanium or just junk but they look pretty good. chains are silver .
2012-08-17_18-08-15_97.jpg

the following pic is of all the gold ive found, the cross necklace was a thrift store find for one dollar. three of the rings are titanium or tungsten but the diamonds are real!!!!
2012-08-17_18-08-30_837.jpg

the rings. golg rings are 10kt,14kt and 18 kt.
2012-08-17_18-08-42_80.jpg

a very cool snake ring with crystal stones.
2012-08-17_18-11-17_37.jpg

awesome skull and crossbones ring i bought for myself at a thrift store.
2012-08-17_18-13-04_507.jpg

heres a very nice and expensive movado watch i found. i also found another watch worth $4,000.00-$9, 000.00 but i am trying to return it, if i cant i will post pics of it later.
2012-08-17_18-13-34_717.jpg

hunted three different beaches yesterday, three hours at beach one got some clad,silver and junk earrings. three hours at beach two got the same, each of the first two beach's had very few targets and all were very deep. 5 hours last night at beach three had alot more targets and i managed to get this infant/babys ring, my smallest ring ever and its 18kt.
2012-08-17_18-10-23_907.jpg

sorry for the multiple pics but i have been lazy about posting after each hunt. i will try not to do a long post like this again, hope all are doing well and getting some gold!
chuck.

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tide was low and flat all day today, could even stay out there at high tide with only a few very low swells once in a while. A perfect day to be in the water here on the East Coast. Water was also pretty clear, saw several starfish, a few small sharks cruising the schools of baitfish, spooked several flounder out of their sandy hiding spots, and even had two adult dolphins playing around within 20 feet of me early this morning. I didn't find much all day long with all the soft sand buildup, a few coins, a few trinkets, but I sure had a day in paradise! Only planned on staying a few hours but ended up staying all day. Just couldn't pull myself away from it all. :icon_thumright:

Nice collection of goodies!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your out having fun in the sunkissed state!! My hunting time has been limited and thus less gold this year, but no complaints! Soon the sand will be gone and the booty will be exposed!!

GL&HH SnT

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tide was low and flat all day today, could even stay out there at high tide with only a few very low swells once in a while. A perfect day to be in the water here on the East Coast. Water was also pretty clear, saw several starfish, a few small sharks cruising the schools of baitfish, spooked several flounder out of their sandy hiding spots, and even had two adult dolphins playing around within 20 feet of me early this morning. I didn't find much all day long with all the soft sand buildup, a few coins, a few trinkets, but I sure had a day in paradise! Only planned on staying a few hours but ended up staying all day. Just couldn't pull myself away from it all. :icon_thumright:

Nice collection of goodies!

yes, very flat last night!!! that's part of the reason i stayed 5 hours!!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, very flat last night!!! that's part of the reason i stayed 5 hours!!!!!

Going early Saturday, plan to stay all day. However, I plan on trading my detector in for my fly rod the first couple of hours. :o

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds so far - lot of year left :icon_thumleft:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exellent finds, great assortment of finds.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone!!!!
gord, i think it the saphire without diamonds?
falleninglass, thanks! took the wife and kids out to see it last night but it was no longer there.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker...you need to post more often so I (we) can see more of those great finds! Like Casper said, lot of year left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread