Keepers From The Beach

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last few hunts during the low tide cycle, exact same stretch of beach. I hunted three areas, all parallel to the waterline and for a distance of about one mile.
A) in the water zigzagging from waist deep to chest deep.
B) The berm line right in the breakers.
C) The beach side berm of the washes and low spots that make up the belly of the beach.

Only the bracelet came from the water and it was right on top. The heavy silver earring and nice looking junk ring with the fooler stone came from the berm in the breakers. Everything else came from the traffic side berms and low spots that make up the belly area of the beach. Both mens gold rings (one white, the other yellow with diamond chips) were found right in the steeper berms of the shallow washes in the belly of the beach, one was just above the berm and the other was just bellow. Also found the usual collection of pulltabs, coins, sunglasses, etc., "But not the first fishing sinker!" Clearly there's just too much sand buildup beyond the belly of the beach right now. I was using the CZ-21 with 10.5 coil, disc 1, sens between 5 1/2 to 7 (whatever I could get away with at the time.)

collection.jpg

PS: Didn't clean any of this. All of this stuff was fairly recent drops and only 3 or 4 inches deep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds!

Can you answer a question for me? What is the "belly" of the beach that you refer to? Not sure what you mean when you say "beach side berm and low spots". Is this also called the "blanket line"? I am new (since April) to beach hunting. I hunt dry sand and husband hunts wet/water, so any help/tips we get are much appreciated.

Again, awesome finds!

HH,
Anita

Sorry bout that. Because of all the sand, our beaches change all the time so I've sort of developed my own language for these things. :laughing7:

Belly = low, flat, and usually very large wet areas between the higher sand and the waterline. Steeper beaches won't have this feature.
Berm in breakers = I guess you could call it the ridge of crushed shell that usually forms where the force of the retreating water from the beach meets the force of the incoming surf. Sometimes items get deposited and sort of trapped here.
Low Spots & Washes = Just look for areas of standing or still draining water on the beach at low tide. The more rippled the sand in these spots, the better.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread