Keepers From The Beach

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last few hunts during the low tide cycle, exact same stretch of beach. I hunted three areas, all parallel to the waterline and for a distance of about one mile.
A) in the water zigzagging from waist deep to chest deep.
B) The berm line right in the breakers.
C) The beach side berm of the washes and low spots that make up the belly of the beach.

Only the bracelet came from the water and it was right on top. The heavy silver earring and nice looking junk ring with the fooler stone came from the berm in the breakers. Everything else came from the traffic side berms and low spots that make up the belly area of the beach. Both mens gold rings (one white, the other yellow with diamond chips) were found right in the steeper berms of the shallow washes in the belly of the beach, one was just above the berm and the other was just bellow. Also found the usual collection of pulltabs, coins, sunglasses, etc., "But not the first fishing sinker!" Clearly there's just too much sand buildup beyond the belly of the beach right now. I was using the CZ-21 with 10.5 coil, disc 1, sens between 5 1/2 to 7 (whatever I could get away with at the time.)

collection.jpg

PS: Didn't clean any of this. All of this stuff was fairly recent drops and only 3 or 4 inches deep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice little collection of jewelry you have acquired! I just recently found my first 10k mens and 14k womens rings. As a guy that seems to find a fair number of rings, what kind of prices do you get for a ring?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!!!! my last three hunts were done about the same as what you did and i only managed a few earrings and a cheapo ring. very few targets!!!!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talon, most save their rings till they have a few and then send them off to ARA Refineries where we get 98% of the spot price. Rings are alloyed with various metals and this changes the percent of gold as to 10 kt. is like 42% gold. As for part of a summer.
173.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talon get yourself a good scale and diamond tester..... $30 for both. Then try this site.... Scrap Gold Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator it should help you convert about any precious metal.

That CZ was a smoking...... How much gold ya got there?

Dew

This was over a few days of slow hunting, Thurs, Fri, & Sat, not the same day. About 16 grams of 14k combined, but those are the first gold rings I've found in quite a while, (Both on Sat). Lately, I've been trying to hunt at the height of the beach activity on account of all the soft sand buildup and competition. Seems if I wait to hunt the empty beach that's exactly what I get, "empty".

PS: Dew I just weighed them and it came out to only 12.5 grams. My bad! :laughing7: I guessed the gold ring to be heavier then what it was, pretty hollow around the settings.

Last edited:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds big scoop. Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds big scoop. Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Yes, but I'm not showing all the junk I dug, quite a collection of pulltabs, corroded pennies, bottle caps, pieces of aluminum, etc. Personally, I think there should be a rule that states that after 20 pull tabs you automatically earn a gold ring. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of treasure...congrats.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you scooped it up pretty good! Nice haul!

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good looking haul there and thanks for all the info on gold pricing, good to know.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigscoop , congratulations on terrific hunting!:hello2:

The treasures are beautiful ! Keep up the great work!

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop , congratulations on terrific hunting!:hello2:

The treasures are beautiful ! Keep up the great work!

Lorraine

Yea, well, me and Mr. Sand God were about to come to some serious blows over the issue. Guy thinks he can spread as much sand as he wants over my area beaches. I suspect it was my best Clint Eastwood imitation that finally spooked him enough to leave me a few goodies. "Do you feel lucky? Well, Punk, do ya?" (Squint) :laughing7: It was either that or the copy of the letter I had sent to the Storm Gods asking them to strip all his sand away. :laughing7:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow love your Treasures,,congrats nice haul:icon_thumright:,,WTG,,,HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talon, most save their rings till they have a few and then send them off to ARA Refineries where we get 98% of the spot price. Rings are alloyed with various metals and this changes the percent of gold as to 10 kt. is like 42% gold. As for part of a summer. View attachment 665597
Congratulation
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds!

Can you answer a question for me? What is the "belly" of the beach that you refer to? Not sure what you mean when you say "beach side berm and low spots". Is this also called the "blanket line"? I am new (since April) to beach hunting. I hunt dry sand and husband hunts wet/water, so any help/tips we get are much appreciated.

Again, awesome finds!

HH,
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread