Florida east coast - possible erosion soon.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect its going to keep us out of the water for a week.... but hopefully we can get some beach changes again. None of us cared for the last blows results.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect its going to keep us out of the water for a week.... but hopefully we can get some beach changes again. None of us cared for the last blows results.

Dew

I agree. Last few blows brought more sand in instead of taking it out. Time will tell I guess. Maybe this time we'll see some significant sand movement and some descent cuts. :dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt like what Debby did to the West coast beaches. They are just starting to get back to normal...maybe this storm will have different results. Has anyone seen a storm that created great hunting conditions on the West coast. Fnds didnt increase after Debby went through but the number of hunters on the beaches sure did.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.... the finds were in the toilet. Looks like the winds are going to be all over the place with most straight out of the West.... ouch. According to tide charts almost 10 ft high waves. Those will be WAY up the beach.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the very least, I'm just hoping for some fairly strong cross currents, maybe provide a little cutting and digging action. Got my eye on a few places that typically start to show signs early on so maybe by late Saturday or early Sunday I'll hopefully start to see some sand movement. Just going to depend on where the storm tracks. :dontknow:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, i hope this is not another big disapointment but i cant help getting excited!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, i hope this is not another big disapointment but i cant help getting excited!!!!

I think you should make ready a Brinks truck so you will be able to safely transport all of the gold & silver you are going to discover on those eroded beaches once Isaac goes to work on them. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Issaac is going farther west. We may get the outter bands on the east coast which will kick up the surf. Any erosion would help at this point along brevard and indian river counties. We don't need a direct hit for nature to move some sand, but we do need something to happen if any of the good stuff (SPANISH) is going to be within reach of a detector.

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i agree with Tarpon192, gotta get down to sebastian and find the cobs! Me thinks I'll see alot of you there LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread