Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whydah had a wedding to go to - so I had to hunt solo and then he had things to do when he got back (like finding a hooker of a bracelet)
I hit about six different beaches - all pretty pounded but managed some leftovers - (the 1915 wedding band was one of them that I had posted the other day) http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/308570-wheres-new-stuff-another-old-gold.html

managed another 14k band - and a bunch of silver - 5 merc dimes - 5 silver quarters (one is a standing liberty) and a silver half
silver half was in 6 feet of water at low tide and about 2 feet down - it was a whisper of a signal and I was under water most of the time trying to retrieve it - was probably the hardest signal I dug all year - i have gotten a few deep gold in this exact area so i had to go for it

heart breaker was large band - i was heading out of the water and was in shallow in an area that is flooded with can slaw - the bottom here is mucky and I have never gotten much of anything but can parts here - I usually turn my machine off in this area - there were people standing in the water here too - I got a reading = scooped and got part of a can - no surprise - got a reading a few feet away figured it was rest of the can - scooped and saw huge band slide down - i got excited as I looked inside and it looked like I had a huge white gold band -
when i picked it up the the color looked off for white gold and ring was real heavy - Platinum??? - looked inside to see Tungston Carbide etched inside - would have been a honey if platinum or gold - thing weighs 14 grams
caspgood.JPG caspsilgold.JPG
caspmisc.JPG casptrash.JPG
caspcloseup.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh rectangular object above rings is a sterling name plate from an ID bracelet - been there awhile and was way way out from shore at low tide

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That looks like it was a fun few days hunting..... Keep that up and you could open a tackle shop!

Cliff

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you dug a lot of targets.
Those Tungsten rings sure are heavy. I thought I really had something.
The Titanium rings are feather light.
I dug a 53 Bengimin cookie at least 2' down and it was tough getting down that far.
The bear can that far down sends me packing.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done!! Congratulation!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread