Official Tnet Hurricane Isaac Center

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the approach of Issac many hunters are waiting with anticipation, so, I thought maybe those members in the southern region could keep those of use further north up to date on the approaching wind and wave action, erosion, etc. Sort of like a Tnet tracking and information line as it applies to our hobby. I was over at my area beaches last night, with two storms out there I was hoping to see a bit of a current shift starting to take place but nothing yet.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the app fox35 weather for your smart phones has fantastic live radar..

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the app fox35 weather for your smart phones has fantastic live radar..

I still use stupid phones. :laughing7: Besides, radar doesn't tell me much in the way of the progressive current shifts, etc. Going to be a lot of big news coverage, etc., but very little in regards to what might seem like only minor erosion and small news to the rest of the world. As you well know, just the possibility of a few good trenches being cut here and there can make all the difference in the world to an MDer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magic seaweed.com does, it gives you currents, wind speeds tides and direction of surf to shore line. It is great site for water hunters. Check it out on your desktop.....I can access it from my smartphone as well.

Every true water pirate has a smartphone..... Just kidding...

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magic seaweed.com does, it gives you currents, wind speeds tides and direction of surf to shore line. It is great site for water hunters. Check it out on your desktop.....I can access it from my smartphone as well.

I'll checkout Magic..:icon_thumright:...thanks! Would be nice to have a Smart Detector though....."18k, 9 gram white gold ring three feet directly east, 11 inches down..." :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked out Seaweed but it's not all that up to date or detailed enough, more of a general prediction resource. But kind of a cool sight. I can see it sure benefiting surfers. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it forecasts but the info for a current date I have found to be very accurate explore it a little more. There is feature that tells you direction of surf to the shore that I have found very useful, you can use it to tell when there is best chance of erosion due to combination of surf angle to shore and wind direction.

MadPixelPusher

Oct 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
Surf P.I. Dual Field
Significant wave height predictions for Tuesday 28 Aug at 1am

Thursday's prediction

wave height projection-1.jpg

Friday morning prediction

wave height projection-2.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The extra volume exchange of the monthly high tide cycle is already moving some sand around and forming a few washouts so if we (here in my area) can get some added volume and a slight current shift to provide a little more crosscutting we might end up with some pretty decent troughs and cuts. Only time will tell. But if it comes straight in as with the past few storms it might actually do more harm then good. :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is hoping, that has been the problem on the east coast storms we have had have brought sand in not taken it out.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank you TH for another great little tool! I'm just starting out and located about 50 minutes away from good beaches. I could use a few extra pieces of info to help make the decision to drive or not!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just toured the beaches from Ponce inlet south to the Cape, appears Issac is bring a lot of sand in right now. But, I did notice a bit of a current shift so hopefully tonight and Monday might produce a different effect. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread