Sanibel Island

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dying to go detecting there, but I have been there many times and it is just an amazing place to be. I believe by Captiva, you will see the private islands that are just a bit more west of Sanibel, and that is the area I would love to detect. Also, see if you are allowed to detect in the parks and preserves on the northern parts of the Island, as it generally seems less crowded. Good luck!

Last edited:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are comming in Jan. you better bring a wetsuit ,the water is around 50*. If you have a handicap parking plate bring it and you can park for Free,other than that it is going to cost you to park your car.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have detected there before...go out early before all the Shellers get going..lol..the swarm the beaches when the sun is coming up..lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was there - there were 10 times more people shelling than swimming - alot of guys hit there
have heard of a few beauties coming out but no quanitity
I got new coins and junk jewelry - a few small silver jewelry

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was there - there were 10 times more people shelling than swimming - alot of guys hit there
have heard of a few beauties coming out but no quanitity
I got new coins and junk jewelry - a few small silver jewelry

Casper is Right...Dont go there expecting anythign really old, mos the sand is raked and brought in from the ocean...but you always gotta wonder where that Pirate gold is :P

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sanibel Island can be a good hit! ??? Sanibel Island is one of my favs, Bowman's beach is well known for shelling. My 12 year old kid was using a white's classic ID and the kid pulled a 10k wedding band from the dry sand few inches deep. :hello2: I gave him 50 bucks for it! Bowman's beach is not a really populated beach, one never knows, :skullflag:

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gf lives on sanibel..I have never thought of detecting there but perhaps I might now. She knows all of the cool local spots, captiva, and private islands well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread