Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Went with my gut feeling today and stopped at a location along the river I knew was hunted well by others. Yes, I do have competition but seems there not as thorough. I decided to pull some large rocks and boulders and scan under them, making sure I went over the area where I was going to pull the rocks to so that I was'nt doing double work. Within ten minutes of getting in I got the smaller silver ring. As I moved forward I was finding plenty of coins and the dreaded zinc penny! I finally pulled one boulder and I was getting multiple signals. Alright! I grabbed a handful of gravel and the first thing I see is the multi diamond ring and right next to it the smaller solitare! I closed my hand and reopened it to make sure I was'nt seeing things! As I am doing this I was still moving my coil and another signal was coming in. I said to myself, no way! I reached down grabbed another handful and up comes the larger solitare! Holy crap! I probably stood there for several minutes realizing that I had just pulled up 3 diamond rings! I went back over the hole and still more signals! I reached down again, grabbed and hanging out of the sides of my hand was the gold ankle bracelet! Wow! Still another signal! Grab, up comes the honker silver ring! This can't be, is this really happening? The signals now had stopped but, my heart had not it was still pounding away!! I walked back to my car and called my wife because I just had to share the most exciting metal detecting day of my life with my best friend. When I returned to my location there only 5 ft away was the water proof Vivitar! In my excitement I had not even seen it! The rest of the day went by as usual with trash and coin finds.What a day which I will never forget and so glad there is Treasure net so I could also share this moment with all of you! Thanks for looking! Detectahead

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    437 KB · Views: 178
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me???????? OMG.....Banner. I am wondering if they were on a necklace that broke. Maybe they were in a pocket. Crazy. Get them tested and appraised and keep us updated.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing day, put that rock back and check every few weeks to see what turns up. Seems to be a good gathering spot.

HH,

Pete

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings!! Well done, congratulation!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread