Latest find - cortisone

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didnt know that MDing could be painful. Been off the beach for a week with severe pain in my left shoulder, even affected my sleep. Finally went to my ortho doc who has treated me for old injuries that have come back to haunt me. He asked me if I had been lifting or doing any repetitive activity....... Duh, I hadn't even thought about the detector. I'm left handed and had a shoulder injury a loooong time ago and now it's showing it's ugly head again also. Doctor just laughed and stuck me with cortisone. Now I'm good to go, but I'm going to use my right arm for awhile, at least till it needs some cortisone. It's takes guts to get old.....:-)

Upvote 0

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
It's takes guts to get old.....:-)
Tell me about it...my biggest problem is blisters on the palm of my scoop hand.
Good luck.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Sorry about that injury, Surfview. The cortisone Rx will help, and good idea to use the unaffected arm.

Lorraine

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's takes guts to get old.....:-)
Tell me about it...my biggest problem is blisters on the palm of my scoop hand.
Good luck.

I had that problem with my scoop hand too, so I switched out the plastic part of the handle for a nice padded bicycle handle. Fits perfect, great grip and not a blister since then.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cortisone shot can work. Only take one. Multiple shots can destroy the joint. Rest it as much as you can. Ice massage can be helpful to keep down the pain. Good luck and take it easy.

Anita

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make your self a harness to hang your detector off of, I use one of those baby carriers, and cut the part out that holds the baby, hooked a bunjy cord to it, works great and holds all the weight of the detector

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep,@ times this hobby can put a strain on your entire body,take care of yourself ,rest & heal:hello:,,HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread