Thought my slump was over! I was wrong...

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach early Saturday morning feeling like it was time to break the slump I'm in. I thought it was over when the gold earing appeared in the sand. Like an NFL ref doing instant replay...."After further review.....denied" Its either plated or just junk. I did make some other interesting finds though. The pendant and chain were within 5 feet of each other so I'm assuming they go together. The Med alert necklace is a my first.....I'll see if I can find the owner and see if he wants it back. The coins on the left all came from the same hole......but they are all from Thailand. First foriegn coins from that beach. My six year old likes his new monster truck also. As always, I excluded the mountain of bottle caps, pull tabs, bobby pins etc etc. Thanks for looking...

finds.jpg

earring.jpg junk.jpg med.jpg pend.jpg thi coins.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little brass beads! I'm finding a truck load of those this year. Anyone know where they come from? :dontknow:

Just keep swinging! Sooner or later you'll break that slump in grand style. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where they are coming from......second one for me this summer.

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny, i found one of those little round beads that you have hlding up the earring as well. the exact same one. they must be on a mass produced something

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The gold chain in the photo, appears to be GOLD?????

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That earring sure looks good...Ive found a couple of those gold beads and was wondering what they came off of.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
that's a classy looking earring , HAG 730..too bad the metal is not what you had thought it might be.

You got some very interesting finds...good luck on your next hunt

Lorraine

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. :icon_thumleft:

The beads are from bathing suit drawstrings (bottoms). I've been seeing alot of them. Not finding them, mind you, that's just where I've been looking. :laughing9: :censored:

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beads are from bathing suit drawstrings (bottoms). I've been seeing alot of them. Not finding them, mind you, that's just where I've been looking. :laughing9: :censored:[/QUOTE]

thats where i figured they wer coming from as well...

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That earring looks good in the pic. I'm sure it looked really good in the scoop. Keep looking and you'll find some more gold. But you had a pretty good assortment of finds. I just found my first med alert pendant this week as well. And when I start getting the mumbles about not finding gold the wife will either suggest that I have found it all or remind me what I have said in the past. "Some guys [dirt diggers] go for years without finding gold and I'm lucky enough to find a few each month". Good luck out there.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread