Keeping a Positive Frame of Mind

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabs.jpg
"Great Hunt!"

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keeping positive - now if I find those older pull tabs - or ones even older
I think there are older coins and rings in the same area too
Up in New England waters - usually there are - cause a lot of us use PIs or hunt in all metal - so those should have been clean out yrs ago
I can tell you - where I found most of my old gold this year - I found older pulltabs first

Notice I've not found any fishing sinkers in these same areas. There's just way too much soft sand buildup for anything dense to stay within reach very long. Most of these older pull tabs have been coming from areas that have seen a foot or more of sand removal, yet no fishing sinkers or other tell-tells yet. Not even hitting any shell pack when I find these older tabs, just a lot of deep soft sand. There's so much sand on the beaches right now I've simply been catching up around home. The area I was hunting when I came across those older tabs was starting to look positive but it was almost completely filled back in the next day. Such has been the summer here, just when things start to look up the sand moves around and it's all gone again. There's about two feet of additional soft sand in the trough beyond the breakers. The sand is making it very tough going down here.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The older tabs clean up nice, and look like new if you boil them in a little water with baking soda and a touch of lemon juice. If that doesn't work try a battery charger .(remember pos. to tab ,neg. to spoon )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread