Keeping a Positive Frame of Mind

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabs.jpg
"Great Hunt!"

Upvote 0

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
What the heck? Have you had those appraised yet? Might be 99% Al.

My hunts are not pulling up much better, but the fun of digging up my yard is the reward. Neighbors are beginning to ask questions.

M

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats the spirit.... I got four matching rings today just like that Bigscoop. Did get one silver ring today and a three stud earrings. Figured it was just another good time out in the water and there wouldn't be any gold today..... but..... when I got home, there was a pleasant surprise on the back of the one stud earring.... 10k and the stupid little diamonds test real! 1 gram of white gold..... $22

Gold will come when you least expect it.

Keep the spirit!

HH
Cliff

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Those pull tabs are from me drinking beer on the beach after finding nothing but pull tabs on the beach.. :-)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pull tabs are from me drinking beer on the beach after finding nothing but pull tabs on the beach.. :-)

Drinking beer on the beach! Say, you wouldn't be minus a fat gold ring now, would you? :laughing7:

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
bigscoop said:
Drinking beer on the beach! Say, you wouldn't be minus a fat gold ring now, would you? :laughing7:

Nope, I sold mine to buy a MD to hunt for pull tabs.....

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
You could be on to something there, Bigscoop. They don't look too bad.

I actually thought that those were interesting silver ring finds..:icon_scratch: but as I scrolled down and read the replies I finally realized what they were..guess I'm a little slow on the uptake on some days, or maybe I just need another :coffee2: !

Good luck on your next hunt!

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all in the way you look at something...you can turn something bad into good and something good into bad...You made the ultimate lemonade out of lemons. :laughing7:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
I'm actually keeping all my pulltabs. I must have over 2000. Will photograph them .... one very slow day.

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
I really don't mind a few pull tabs, especially if I can get them on the first scoop. But, I HATE it when I work my a## off for 20 minutes and then hear that little rattle no weight clink in the scoop. Then I've got a big hole to fill to boot.

I may be crazy but every tone still gives me one of those "this might be something" feelings. And in spite of my pessimistic post, I do find something interesting once in awhile. Guess that's what keeps us going back. Beats the heck out of watching TV.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't mind a few pull tabs, especially if I can get them on the first scoop. But, I HATE it when I work my a## off for 20 minutes and then hear that little rattle no weight clink in the scoop. Then I've got a big hole to fill to boot.

I may be crazy but every tone still gives me one of those "this might be something" feelings. And in spite of my pessimistic post, I do find something interesting once in awhile. Guess that's what keeps us going back. Beats the heck out of watching TV.

I know what you mean, like when you're in the surf fighting to keep your position and balance, and like you say, several minutes and a few attempts later out comes a pulltab. :laughing7: I'm getting to where I can just about call those flat tabs a great amount of the time, but those ring shaped tabs always sound so darn good! I actually don't mind finding the deeper ones because they reassure me that when I do hit on a deeper, thin gold ring I'm going to get a response. They also serve to perk me up a bit. :laughing7:

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
bigscoop said:
I know what you mean, like when you're in the surf fighting to keep your position and balance, and like you say, several minutes and a few attempts later out comes a pulltab. :laughing7: I'm getting to where I can just about call those flat tabs a great amount of the time, but those ring shaped tabs always sound so darn good! I actually don't mind finding the deeper ones because they reassure me that when I do hit on a deeper, thin gold ring I'm going to get a response. They also serve to perk me up a bit. :laughing7:

Very good point.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And some days the bear eats you,lol. Looks like they are a perfect fit too. Yep, it's rough out there some days. Hope your next hunt goes great.

DANGLANGLEY

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be very, very quiet...I'm hunting pull tabs! Someone once told me if you put two pull tabs in the same hole, they'll multiply like rabbits! If this is true, I'm not sure I'd wear two next to each other. :laughing7:

Anita

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got a great attitude out there..... but the Xcal seems to think im looking for pull tabs, it must not speak english.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck next hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keeping positive - now if I find those older pull tabs - or ones even older
I think there are older coins and rings in the same area too
Up in New England waters - usually there are - cause a lot of us use PIs or hunt in all metal - so those should have been clean out yrs ago
I can tell you - where I found most of my old gold this year - I found older pulltabs first

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread