A 7 RING MORNING ! - AND 5 OF THEM ARE GOLD !

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could not decide where to go today - kept checking tides all day sunday - do I try fresh water ?
do I try a Ma. saltwater - CT. saltwater or RI saltwater?
decided to ignore the tide charts and go to one of my CT saltwater beaches deep
broke out my SNUBA system and went down before the lifeguards got there - they dont allow diving in season during regular beach hours
went out past the bouys - area would be 6-8 feet during low tide - I know from old pics there were floating rafts out deep here in the early half of the 1900's
first target was a sinker - 5 mins. later I got huge hit - thought it was another sinker - I was surprised to see huge ring in bottom of my hand scoop
it goes from knuckle to knuckle on my pinky finger - about a size 12 - what a way to start the day
I went out deeper and got another nice hit - bingo! another ring - it has a redish stone - but not deep red - so dont think its a garnet
might be a ruby ?? little while latter I got a merc dime then a brass swim suit buckle - good signs
i got a few pieces of older junk - but just signs no one had been out there (years ago I know a guy that was tryin to dive here but he was like 350 lbs and said he had a hard time swinging and digging with full equip on ) -thats why I like the snuba - tank is on surface - i just have on weight belt
back to the hunt - I went out behind a swim buoy and got another nice signal - either was gonna be a coin or a small sinker - I was wrong - gold ring #3
darn thing was missing its emblem though - searched around and got a small target nearby - thought I might have it - turned out to be a splitshot sinker
I moved away from the normal swim area - but got to remember - way back when - alot of place had bigger swimming areas
- I had not gotten a hit in about 15 mins - was ready to turn and head back where I started - then i got a blast - reached out and scooped - and saw golden band slide down into my scoop - i couldnt believe it - a 4th gold ring - glanced inside and saw script type writing and 2 stamps - one a shield - which has an 18 in it - the other has a P.B in it which I think is an old makers mark - date looks to be 4 - 9 -28
back on my way - headed back in a little shallower - got a few coins - wheat and older clad - got a blast and thought it might be a sinker - turned out to be huge silver ring - caked so its been there awhile - 5 mins away I got a faint signal - had gotten a few brass screw that went off faint - thought i had another - fanned down and hit rocks - tried scooping and it was rough - fanned some more - tried to scoop again with no luck - rechecked the hole - changed digging direction and scooped - had it and a bunch of rocks - shook it and saw ring amoungst the rocks - another gold ring - old signet - YAHOO!
Air was running low so started to head in - I was excited - been awhile since i had a 5 ring day - on way out i got another nice signal - turned out to be a silver boy scout ring - got a reading a few feet away - got a buffalo nickel
i guess I made the right choice on where to go and how to hunt it
there are many places like this I have wanted to hit with hookah or snuba - after the season is over - hope to hit more spots like this !
casp827finds.JPG casp827silgol.JPG
casp827gold.JPG casp827huge.JPG

Upvote 0

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt ...Cograts..looks like a great spot you found!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper, inspired I might have been but 10c richer the water today just would not play ball - anyway... I'll get yellow next time.........again amazing hunt - I agree this is a Banner hunt for sheer volume and age of the gold.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaned them up a little with some jewelry polish that will take most of the black off the 10k
I buffed them a little with dremel too
5goldcasp.jpg

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My Gosh! That's TREASURE for sure!

I don't know what everybody else on T-Net looks for but that handful is exactly what I look for! BANNER!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread