Anyone Have Some Info On This Scoop?

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I your primany interest is water hunting I would go with the same type scoop but SS instead of aluminum if that is the type scoop you like.Butif you are going to beach and water than you may want to go with aluminum.Remembering that it will not last too long with heavy use. That is something you need to workout. I have use many scoops the aluminum only last me about 1 year but I hunt 30 to 40 hrs a week all year long. The SS has never looked as good as it ever has,this lastest one is about 3 Years old. I have since switched to a long handled T-Rex scoop which is on the line of any of the other punched out holed basket type scoops. These are light weight and wide mouthed. Something to concider in the water. Remember your scoop is as important as your detector.
BCNJ

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was me I would go with a bigger scoop, check out sand mans link for the sun spot..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a screen bottom long ago - I hit hard bottom areas and I caved in the wire by pushing hard with my foot and trying to pry large rocks caved bottom
wire ones are more for dry sand - I would say - places where you just scoop and dont have to pry or step on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread