Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got some beach hunting this morning,started off near the life guard shack,seen this cute squirrel munching IMG_2690.JPG So near by I see this hole thinking it's my little friend's home.:icon_scratch:I'm thinking if she might have found any rings & taken it to her hole:laughing7::So I kneel down & I see this sparkling shiny item looking at me ,Oh my gosh it so looks like a diamond ring:hello2:I was like no way..Since the hole was a little dark I wanted to be sure so, IMG_2692.jpg I got my iPhone out & stretch my hand inside to take a picture on magnify mode.I couldn't reach it so I preceded to take my shovel to try & scoop it out, but this small rock fell over blocking it half way.So I use the handle part of my shovel to push it towards me,but that rock was still in the way,so I decided to take another picture just to make sure this is the real thing:laughing7:Once again I reached into the hole & took another picture,as I did that I noticed that sparkle was just a piece of metallic paper:BangHead:I was sadden:sad1:Here comes the best part,it wasn't until I was in the car telling my husband how my day went as we were heading to my apple computer class that I noticed the picture I took,oh my gosh I got scared!!I couldn't believe what I saw:icon_farao:RATTLE SNAKE!! IMG_2693.jpg Told my husband I didn't see it because the hole was a little dark and I was concentrating on taking pictures thinking my shiny sparkling item was a Diamond Ring:laughing7:This is one Outing I will never forget,& don't look into holes:tongue3:

Attachments

• photo-65.JPG
    photo-65.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OH, OH, OH my goodness!!! Kiana, I would have jumped 20 feet into the air if that ever happened to me!

That was quite an adventure ! Great photos; squirrel is sooooooooo cute .

That jewelry with the chain attached is an interesting style.

Good luck on your next hunt, and stay away from holes! :thumbsup:

Lorraine

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the story the way you told it. We have to be careful out there. But you are right about squirrels and critters grabbing bright things and carrying them off. Crows too will take shiny things to their nests.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story Kiana! That squirrel is adorable but the snake, well, he's not too cute. It wasn't a diamond ring, but at least the snake has a diamond pattern, lol. Better luck next time on the diamond ring.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
OMG I don't go near holes made by creatures! You are lucky you came out of that unscathed!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been finding several pieces of the hand made jewelry recently. I wonder where its coming from.... you are in CalF. and im in Fl. I hate snakes with a passion. Here in Fl i have a small lake behind my house.....so even during lawn cutting you keep your eyes open for snakes and gators.

Dew

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.... you are one lucky lady not to have been bit by that thing! OMG..... So with luck on your side this time, I guess you take that as "lesson learned". Whew..... I am happy that you didn't! No peering into hole's for me...neva, more or less putting my hand near one! You are brave!

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liked your story-drawn in by the mystery, potentially dangerous scene in the middle, but a happy ending!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Hi Kiana...a great lesson which you luckily didn't have to pay the price of getting bitten! Definitely scary possibilities here in California. On hot days the snakes are in the shade...and on cold days they are in the sun.

Nice thing about the wet beach sand...not a lot of snakes.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and boy you got lucky.:icon_thumleft:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Now that is one hunt you will never forget. Wow what a story, glad the ending was the way you described it!

Continued luck but please be careful out there.

Cliff

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely told story, would have made a good column in the local paper the way it was told.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
When I lived near Palm Springs I'd see Rattlers all the time, but on the beach!! Yikes!
You are so lucky that you did not stick your hand in first.
Were you by Crystal Cove by any chance? Lots of squirrels there.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome diamond...back! LOL. So very happy you weren't bitten, that really would have ruined your day. :laughing7: Nice finds. GREAT story.

Even though I am not afraid of snakes, per se, I'm not sure I'd want to stick my hands in a hole. I absolutely hate spiders and creepy crawlies. You're a better woman than I am.

HH,
Anita

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, is it just me, or does that snake have it's mouth open? Look in the first picture of the shiny thing (close up) and above the shiny thing it looks like the snake's about ready to strike! You are one LUCKY lady!

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeerStalker said:
Um, is it just me, or does that snake have it's mouth open? Look in the first picture of the shiny thing (close up) and above the shiny thing it looks like the snake's about ready to strike! You are one LUCKY lady!

Yes it sure does!!!

image-2282779834.jpg

Dang girl you sure were lucky!!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad you did'nt get bitten! Glad you are still feeling "squirrely"!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Success story for me. Congratulation!!

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I lived near Palm Springs I'd see Rattlers all the time, but on the beach!! Yikes!
You are so lucky that you did not stick your hand in first.
Were you by Crystal Cove by any chance? Lots of squirrels there.
Hi,Fred yes I was @ Crystal cove that day and actually I did stick my hand way in to take pictures of my sparkling object,so when I think about this I am really blessed that I didn't get bitten:hello:,,HH

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got some beach hunting this morning,started off near the life guard shack,seen this cute squirrel munching View attachment 669470 So near by I see this hole thinking it's my little friend's home.:icon_scratch:I'm thinking if she might have found any rings & taken it to her hole:laughing7::So I kneel down & I see this sparkling shiny item looking at me ,Oh my gosh it so looks like a diamond ring:hello2:I was like no way..Since the hole was a little dark I wanted to be sure so, View attachment 669471 I got my iPhone out & stretch my hand inside to take a picture on magnify mode.I couldn't reach it so I preceded to take my shovel to try & scoop it out, but this small rock fell over blocking it half way.So I use the handle part of my shovel to push it towards me,but that rock was still in the way,so I decided to take another picture just to make sure this is the real thing:laughing7:Once again I reached into the hole & took another picture,as I did that I noticed that sparkle was just a piece of metallic paper:BangHead:I was sadden:sad1:Here comes the best part,it wasn't until I was in the car telling my husband how my day went as we were heading to my apple computer class that I noticed the picture I took,oh my gosh I got scared!!I couldn't believe what I saw:icon_farao:RATTLE SNAKE!! View attachment 669481 Told my husband I didn't see it because the hole was a little dark and I was concentrating on taking pictures thinking my shiny sparkling item was a Diamond Ring:laughing7:This is one Outing I will never forget,& don't look into holes:tongue3:
Hi Everyone,Thank You for all your concerns,been busy with my sister-law from Hawaii,my nephew which is her grandson came over to do a dance workshop session located at Irvine on Campus Drive for this labor day weekend..They fly back on Monday,so I've been busy driving them here & there!! So now I got a little time to respond back,,The more I think about this incident,I thank God for protecting me from harms way,,I mean really:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:I may not have found any real Treasures that day but I found a priceless treasure,My Life & no more looking into holes,,Once again my TN-Family for all your replays & concerns!! I Love All Of You,,,GOD BLESS & HH:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread