Hilton Head Island and Charleston SC Detector Trip

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I are headed to Hilton Head Island for 3 days beginning Labor day then moving up to Charleston SC for 3 more days...... Going to be hunting the beaches hard there, if any members live close look for me.................I hunt with with Excals with large 15 inch coils or Sov GT with large 15x18 inch coil, also wear a camelbac so pretty easy to recognize me........

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like work with those coils.... but its got to be fun getting out of Fl. Good luck.

Dew

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like work with those coils.... but its got to be fun getting out of Fl. Good luck.

Dew

Dew, those are the only coils I have been using on my excals and sov gt for the last 4 years, to me they are a piece of cake to work with and I do hunt in the water..... I have learned to use them, and I also use a harness so all i am doing is guiding the coils, the harness supports the weight.. I can't hunt with a 10 inch coil any longer, tried it and it drove me nuts, felt like I was hunting with a coffee saucer....

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Charleston for 5 years......what beaches are you headed for.....Isle of Palms or Folly?

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm looking forward to seeing a post of all your plunder when you get back home. Good Luck. Papa

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading down to HHI myself. Don't expect to hunt much but if I do I'll keep an eye out for you.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you two have a good time!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your hunts! We'll be waiting for your after action report.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions