-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that I have your undivided attention! :laughing7:
I recently retired, my 26 year career as a Civil Engineer with the Fed is complete! :headbang:
My occupation is now a treasure hunter! 8-) The business card pic is me at detectin surf at naples pier with me excalibur II. :icon_thumright:

My lady and I plan to ride my new 2012 superglide to the Florida pan handle for sand/surf detectin with me excalibur II. The plan is to detect surf & sand Thursday, Friday, Saturday (October 18, 19, 20). If you had a couple of days to detect, what beach(s) from Pensacola to Panama City would you recommend? ???

If you'd be avail for a meet-up to detect with a guy from misery, I mean missouri, and know of a couple of good beaches, send me an e! :occasion14:

Attachments

• 2012 Dyna Super Glide Right Rear to Front.JPG
    2012 Dyna Super Glide Right Rear to Front.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 600
  • RDE business card 08.12.JPG
    RDE business card 08.12.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
That's a good question. Larger areas like Jacksonville, Daytona and Miami have the larger concentration of beach goers. They probably have more hunters too. I'm on the east coast and don't like getting tossed around with the typical wave activity. The west coast, gulf coast doesn't churn up as much. If I was coming from MO, I think I'd go to the west coast, panhandle, or down around Tampa, south to Naples and maybe check out some of the resort areas. On the other hand if you want a chance at Spanish treasure, east coast from Sebastion Inlet south. It also gets worked over pretty good. But it's sort of like the lottery down there, if you don't buy a ticket, you definitely won't win. If you do head over to the treasure beaches on the east coast, be sure to check out the local, state and fed installation rules in that area. I've never been down there, but I have read that you have to be careful not to break a rule, shipwreck lease buffer zone, etc.

If you do pick the west (gulf) coast, some areas in the big bend are salt marsh and creeks and very little beach for MDing. But there is plenty of beautiful white beach to choose from Pensacola to Naples. And usually alot less wave action to knock you around in the water. Good luck and hope you have a safe and treasure filled trip.

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Surfview said:
That's a good question. Larger areas like Jacksonville, Daytona and Miami have the larger concentration of beach goers. They probably have more hunters too. I'm on the east coast and don't like getting tossed around with the typical wave activity. The west coast, gulf coast doesn't churn up as much. If I was coming from MO, I think I'd go to the west coast, panhandle, or down around Tampa, south to Naples and maybe check out some of the resort areas. On the other hand if you want a chance at Spanish treasure, east coast from Sebastion Inlet south. It also gets worked over pretty good. But it's sort of like the lottery down there, if you don't buy a ticket, you definitely won't win. If you do head over to the treasure beaches on the east coast, be sure to check out the local, state and fed installation rules in that area. I've never been down there, but I have read that you have to be careful not to break a rule, shipwreck lease buffer zone, etc.

If you do pick the west (gulf) coast, some areas in the big bend are salt marsh and creeks and very little beach for MDing. But there is plenty of beautiful white beach to choose from Pensacola to Naples. And usually alot less wave action to knock you around in the water. Good luck and hope you have a safe and treasure filled trip.

I guess I didn't read your post close enough. Just the Panhandle only, sorry. My response sort of expanded your trip :-)

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a long career as an engineer. Good luck with the treasure hunting. I am an environmental engineer, but getting into the hobby and will keep an eye on this to get some pointers also. Hope you have a good beeping time!

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Sounds like a great trip.
Congrats on your new career, and good hunting.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go onto Google Earth and zoom in at the beaches. Look for places with lots of houses/ hotels on the beaches and beach access areas for swimming areas and there's where you will have a pretty good chance. Places where there is a lot of beach go'ers and activity. It's loaded from Pensacola to Panama City. You'll have plenty to choose from. Google Earth is your friend if you are a metal detectorist.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Go onto Google Earth and zoom in at the beaches. Look for places with lots of houses/ hotels on the beaches and beach access areas for swimming areas and there's where you will have a pretty good chance. Places where there is a lot of beach go'ers and activity. It's loaded from Pensacola to Panama City. You'll have plenty to choose from. Google Earth is your friend if you are a metal detectorist.

Lady,

Good tip bout google earth and zoomin in, thanks! :skullflag: Another idea I had was to locate 5-star hotels or high end resorts located at waters edge, park adjacent to, and work from there,

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats on a long career as an engineer. Good luck with the treasure hunting. I am an environmental engineer, but getting into the hobby and will keep an eye on this to get some pointers also. Hope you have a good beeping time!

kinigit, yep, i worked my brain for 32 years since college! :unhappysmiley: So you live and gainesville and have a beach hunter ID. Closest I've been to gainsville is Daytona Beach. Daytona Beach was cool to detect, the sands go out and out and out! Plus ya can drive on the sand! I owned a beach hunter ID and it was a good machine, you'll do good with it! :skullflag:

JMFJ

Greenie
Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I have 20 acres north of the beach in Panama City area. Any treasure hunters are welcome to come search my land metal detectors anything needed. Ponce De Leon searched these lands for the fountain of youth we have vortex springs and Pitt springs closest to many and many other natural springs like it. My road was built in 1978 first people live on it officially in 1954 my land it's self was unsettled until I built home on it I have this gut feeling it holds something whether there's a streak of gold in the layers under or lost antiques there was a civil war battle near here I border the ECOFINA water management area on singer road if you want a birds eye google those places and history here. Anyone who is experienced can run over the land dig whatever. Even drill for scale or natural gas

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on the retirement, securedownload.gif I'm in the count down now...40 days..And I like the card. For Gold I would suggest the states around you, may have a better chance of gold there. Many swimming holes and local dunks can be productive, One treasure hunter near you kills the gold....GoldinWater....think he had like 80 this year...From waching him over the years and tracking him, I see his big secret is research.....Congrads again on the retirement, waking up feeling great is what it's all about..and you've earned it......:thumbsup:

That's a heck of a ride on a HD too, it would take me a day or two to recop from the ride.

fire50

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes snowforecast.com is really trusted and reliable site, they just post the info according to that day if today is snow and next day could be not then this will also they mention there. You can also get info regarding swimming pool...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread