Tampa Beaches

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed down to the Tampa area with the family. Did the tropical storm turn over anything? I imagine there would have been some good currents. Any good places that people can recommend? Is the towel line the way to go, or venture into the water? I am just getting into this and am trying to learn the ropes of beach hunting as a kid I just hunted farm fields.

Thanks. Scott

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Tampa beaches got much, they are pretty protected being in the bay, but the gulf beaches are a different story, if you can hit those beaches....

OP
OP
K

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn. Any advice on general hunting in the area? Look for cuts in the surf or towel line? I understand not wanting to give away the secrets if that is the case :) I will be in the St. Pete Beach area.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit any beach you can for the fun. If you get into the water you'll likely find more and you at least have a waterproof detector.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt the water.....look at the beach see where the towel line is, where the play line is, you have to "read the beach" You want to hunt where the people are and remember as the tides change so does the areas where the people are.... I always try to start in the water if I can get in, next would be the surf line from water to about first 15 feet of wet sand, then the rest of the wet sand , then dry sand, but that doesn't mean I hunt all lines everytime, it just depends on the beach conditions on that day.....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find you a public parking lot on the beach and hit the water. Its been too rough to get in the water since the storm went through so its hard to tell if it moved any sand. Calming down this weekend so some reports should be coming in...good luck out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread