Tungsten Carbide.....and diamonds!

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I haven't gotten out much at all this year, but when I have its been good to me. I managed a few minutes with the Excal the other day and came out of the water with this Tungsten Carbide ring. I have found quite a few before, so I wasn't too excited. Can't sell them for scrap metal, they just kinda accumulate in my finds box. But this one was different. Obviously really high quality and what looked like diamonds. But I couldn't believe that diamonds would be put into a Tungsten Carbide ring. Although the stamp in the ring is Tungsten Carbide and a separate 0.925. A quick trip to the jeweler gave me a totally different viewpoint of TC rings......The diamonds are real, total carat weight is 0.5cwt. It is Tungsten Carbide with an inlay of sterling silver. It is made by Titon and retails for $1000! I also found it on the internet for $749. Looks like I will try and ebay it. It is a stunner.....really thought it was junk

Attachments

• Tritonring.JPG
    Tritonring.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring...hope this is a new trend...maybe diamonds will start showing up in titanium, tungsten and stainless...congrats.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks exactly like my wife and mine wedding rings. We purchased ours in 2002 in Zürich as a set from Cartier.

You may want to have a Cartier dealer take a look at it. Our set was only 11,000 Suisse francs but if that is one of them and you can confirm this then getting paperwork on this will not be hard.

I sell all jewellery I find and with designer firms I file for new paperwork. The only people interested in a hear say designer piece are that people that can not afford it or those who are not serious in the first place.

Get it checked.

Great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread