St Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands question

Ihookmup

Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I have been searching and all that I have been able to find are a couple of older posts on some other websites but I have a question about St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I literally yesterday found out that I will be heading there next week to work for a couple of weeks. I have a Garret ATPRO so wading and beach is what I will be looking to do. Does anyone know if it is even allowed? Ideas on spots to check? I may also have limited access to a small boat (very small) if there are any islands near by that I may be able to check out. I will keep searching but if anyone has any pointers, ideas, or knowledge it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No help here, sorry.
I thought I'd reply in order to keep your post up for a while.
Good luck on your trip, wish I was going with you.

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I went recently, there is no problem M-D, except on Megans beach...Have a good time, Sappire beach is a good place to start...

OP
OP
I

Ihookmup

Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the replies! I'm leaving tomorrow and from a buddy that lives there he has never seen anyone detecting so maybe I'll get lucky and pull more than a bottle cap for once! I'll let you guys know how I do! He also said that all the beaches on St. Thomas are public, even the ones that have hotels on them. :) I'm guessing Megans beach must be a park or preserve of some kind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread