lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Haven't been getting out very much lately due to ankle problems caused by sand flea/ sand fly bites in this humid weather.:BangHead:

The fleas/ flies arrive in droves at the beaches here, and before one realizes it, the attack has occurred and the itching has begun.

Tons of Calamine lotion applications have helped, so this morning I went out for a couple of hours.

I contacted the phone number on the bird band in hopes of learning the origin of the bird's flight, and after checking their files the Bird Band agency ( Arizona) informed me that the bird belonging to the band had been put to flight on June30, 2006 in a city just a few miles from the beach where I found the band...he didn't fly too far.

They could not tell me what the specie of the bird was...too bad; I would like to know.

The agency will be sending me a Certificate of Appreciation for reporting the finding of the band, and said that the Specie might be printed on the Certificate..I'll post it if I am told of this.

Here's pics, and a link to info about the "G Man" ring ( partial ring...band is missing :>(

The toy car may be lead...maybe a "Tootsie" toy:icon_scratch: ???

Old Vintage Original 1930s Premium G-MAN Ring

Thanks for looking at my post

Lorraine

DSCF1827.JPG

DSCF1830.JPG

DSCF1833.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome Lorraine,about the bird band find also a letter of appreciation :icon_thumright:WTG,,HH

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lorraine, love that bird band ,really cool find and the oldie ring is also neat. Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Interesting finds, Lorraine!

You know the bird might have migrated and returned to the same spot (more than once).

I found a pelican bird band earlier this year...but it was still attached to the poor dead bird. I tried to at least copy the info from the band but couldn't. It was wedged in some rocks and the waves were making it move too much.

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
LOVE THE G-MAN RING!! THAT IS ONE OF THE COOLEST FINDS I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!!!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
yuk! sand fleas on top of ticks & chiggers & the heat. you are braver than me

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Like the G Man ring. Must be pretty old.?

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Sorry to hear about the sand flea bites,I used to use Avon Skin So Soft oil to keep noseeums away in Belize.
Good finds though. Vintage ring and car, nice.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
that was an interesting hunt Lorraine. A natural remedy - how about Citronella oil (Tea Tree oil is good too)- you rub a little on the palms then all over legs / ankles / feet / those little bities just hate the smell / taste and buzz off - alternatively a few drops into a spray bottle of water and apply liberally - hope the itchies stop soon and see you back on top.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You (and your partner!) find the most interesting things. Love the G-Man ring. Let us know if you find out what species the band came from.

HH,
Anita

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Neat hunting buddy Lorraine . Thanks for sharing

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bird-band and the G-man ring are really neat finds Lorraine. Was curious about
the rings age too, so looked online and found it to be vintage 1930's also. All of the
Tootsie Toys I have ever found are stamped as such inside, usually by one of the axles.....
love the toy finds! Gold Nuggets :hello:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is cool...I love old stuff like that...good research and thanks for the link.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the sand flea bites,I used to use Avon Skin So Soft oil to keep noseeums away in Belize.
Good finds though. Vintage ring and car, nice.
Avon Skin So Soft works great...we call them sand gnats down here.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
The bird-band and the G-man ring are really neat finds Lorraine. Was curious about
the rings age too, so looked online and found it to be vintage 1930's also. All of the
Tootsie Toys I have ever found are stamped as such inside, usually by one of the axles.....
love the toy finds! Gold Nuggets :hello:

Thank you for the information, gold Nuggets .

I plead ignorance as to what a car's axle looks like :icon_scratch: , but due to the condition of this toy car , I doubt that an axle is present..there's really nothing under the car, but there are still 4 intact tires on the car.

Here's additional pics of the car..you'll see what I'm talking about .

Lorraine

DSCF1836.JPG

or maybe an old DeSoto?

DSCF1835.JPG

DSCF1834.JPG

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yes , them sand fla bites are bad. Great finds , nice old ring. It's cool trying to track down the bird bands. A Great hunt Congrats:icon_thumright:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool! To bad the whole G- man ring was not there, really like that!

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Any idea on a value of the G-MAN ring?? that is a great piece of history!! I remember my grampa talking about life in the 30's..How he went to the movie house to see the news stories of gangsters, Bonnie & Clyde and all the crime stories. He told me of having a junior G-MAN badge and how he cut the barrel off his cap gun to look like a snub nose Colt detective special like the ones the Fed's had. You find some cool stuff !!! I have not been able to hunt much the last month due to caring for my disabled daughter...seeing your finds is the closest to loot as I get right now!! keep the post comming!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread