Looking to buy a new scoop! Maybe Stealth! ???

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
TESORO Cutlass II µMAX , TESORO Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v currently have a RTG PRO 5" wide, 9" long STAINLESS. Looking for something wider and longer. :dontknow:

I'm looking at all the different stealth models and was wondering if anyone had some input on them or any other brand suggestions. I'm on the west coast of FL pretty fine sand w/ a decent amount of shells (which isn't a problem, i can pick through them to find my target in the scoop) and I like the idea of smaller holes, so I don't drop wires and small items through it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
TESORO Cutlass II µMAX , TESORO Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now trying to decide between the Stealth 8 Classic & the Stealth 8 SugerSand Classic. I would jump all of the 720 but its not available!

Think i'll go drink a beer and think about it a little longer! :icon_thumleft:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check out the prostock scoops from prostock detectors in Michigan. They r well built

2012-09-03 12.24.47.jpg

2012-09-03 12.22.32.jpg

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a prostock as well with the handle now on top. Great scoops..... but because of health reasons the maker may not be making them any more. Chucks new scoop is very interesting.... im digging it. Oh.... for those wires put yourself a magnet in the bottom of your scoop it will pick up a lot of those tiny iron objects if you are digging everything.

Dew

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
I have Stealth 8 Sugar Sand that I use over here on the east coast. I use it in the water and wet sand. I really like it because it removes a large amount of sand in a single scoop. It makes recovery easier while in the water because you don't have to be exact in your pin pointing. Our sand in east central Florida is fairly coarse and it has no problem sifting it. Of course when you are digging in a shell layer you will either sort through it by hand or dump it up on the beach because the shells will not sift out. I do recommend getting the adjustable grab handle for it as well as it makes it easier to sift and sort with.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Yea, heard about his health so that is why i bought it. To support him. They r well built. What kind of magnet and where do u mount it?

what kind of handle did you add to it. I saw one at Ace hardware that attaches to middle of the wood stick. Having trouble finding one that fits on top.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread