Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 672892 View attachment 672891 View attachment 672890

Hello All,
I went out to the Gulf Coast this morning when I woke up at 4am and couldn't fall back asleep. Spent about 3.5 hours digging around and found all of these beauties. This, of course, excludes the bottle caps, pull tabs, sparklers, and pieces of crab traps I found. I know you are all jealous. Please do not beg me to disclose the location. It is really not polite to ask a treasure hunter to disclose his secrets. Everything was magnetic but the coins. Threw some things into muriatic acid for kicks and giggles and they did not start to look any better. It appears that Long Pier at Reddington Beach is not laden with riches; plus, it costs 10 dollars to park. I plan on celebrating tonight by drinking drambuie and scotch. For those of you who don't know, that is an afternoon dinner drink better known as a "rusty nail." All in all, I'm happy I went. The nighttime drive was peaceful and relaxing, got some exercise, soaked my toes in the surf, and got a good nap in when I got back.
Better luck to the rest of you,
Crispin

Upvote 0

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It appears that Long Pier at Reddington Beach is not laden with junk anymore either!
Sounds like a great morning anyway.
Better luck next time.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant picture me on a beach with a flashlight that early. The water was kicking out there today..... so i opted for the big chair. That was sure a lot of digging.... did you say $10....holely moley. I thought $58 for a season pass was nuts.

Dew

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant picture me on a beach with a flashlight that early. The water was kicking out there today..... so i opted for the big chair. That was sure a lot of digging.... did you say $10....holely moley. I thought $58 for a season pass was nuts.

Dew
Some places in the Tampa area are 12 dollars a day...I would be happy with 10 dollar parking.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I need to cancel my trip to Reddington. I'd spend 10 bucks to park and there's nothing left to find. You got it all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread