East coast storm has disapointed and educated me.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jul 2012
    Fort Pierce,FL
    21 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

East coast storm has disapointed and educated me.

So all through this mild summer I have been reading how when we get big waves the beach edges will get torn off and the gold will just be lying there in the old exposed sand. This huricane that just moved up the coast. I thought, created a nice four foot chop mark in the beach edge but Ive been working it hard and finding nothing. Not even trash. I finaly have concluded that what the storm has done, at least in my area, is it deposited a bunch of fresh soft sand 20 yards in from the waters edge which looks like a cut bank but actualy buried even the trash from this summer so its undetectable.

us
    Retired

Apr 2007
    Zephyrhills Fl
    excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
    1573 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (6)
    I hunt from the top of the surf line down 10 feet. this is were every thing get move to . most heavy things are in this space.Most light thing ( pulltabs, bottle caps and canslaw ) gets washed away.try this and see if it helps ( after big surf waves only )

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8662 times
    It's been pretty dismal this summer, a lot of sand buildup even on the outer bars, and it's just kept coming. However, once it gets stripped away the hunting should be fantastic! For now, however, I've pretty much put the detectors away and I'm spending my time pursuing other things.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jul 2012
    Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
    115 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I was out Friday and worked about 100 yards of beach from hight tide mark to waist deep with 0 targets! It seemed to me that either all of the trash was washed away or a lot of sand was washed in.

us
    Jul 2012
    Central Florida
    Teknetics G2+ Garrett AT Pro Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
    37 times
    You trying to discourage me Sand? LOL Since I live in Kissimmee, Melbourne Beach is far closer than the west coast beaches and I fully intend to make it over there soon.

us
    Jul 2012
    Gainesville, FL
    Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
    9 times
    Be sure your detector is on! One of the knobs will beep when you turn it, that should help. Just kidding I spoke with some guys on the west coast and they had similar reports about the west coast of Florida getting a lot of sand dumped in prime hunting areas.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links