East coast storm has disapointed and educated me.

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So all through this mild summer I have been reading how when we get big waves the beach edges will get torn off and the gold will just be lying there in the old exposed sand. This huricane that just moved up the coast. I thought, created a nice four foot chop mark in the beach edge but Ive been working it hard and finding nothing. Not even trash. I finaly have concluded that what the storm has done, at least in my area, is it deposited a bunch of fresh soft sand 20 yards in from the waters edge which looks like a cut bank but actualy buried even the trash from this summer so its undetectable.

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt from the top of the surf line down 10 feet. this is were every thing get move to . most heavy things are in this space.Most light thing ( pulltabs, bottle caps and canslaw ) gets washed away.try this and see if it helps ( after big surf waves only )

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been pretty dismal this summer, a lot of sand buildup even on the outer bars, and it's just kept coming. However, once it gets stripped away the hunting should be fantastic! :icon_thumright: For now, however, I've pretty much put the detectors away and I'm spending my time pursuing other things.

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was out Friday and worked about 100 yards of beach from hight tide mark to waist deep with 0 targets! It seemed to me that either all of the trash was washed away or a lot of sand was washed in.

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You trying to discourage me Sand? LOL Since I live in Kissimmee, Melbourne Beach is far closer than the west coast beaches and I fully intend to make it over there soon.

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure your detector is on! One of the knobs will beep when you turn it, that should help. Just kidding I spoke with some guys on the west coast and they had similar reports about the west coast of Florida getting a lot of sand dumped in prime hunting areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions