Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week ive been out there hitting it hard. Im finding a lot of clad but hardly any jewelry..... that and the fact that the Xcal only seems to find 10K. Think it need calibrating :laughing7:? I got 3 gold this week on had been there a long time. I really got 2 more but they ended up going back to the young lady whose chain was broke off her neck by the BF. He was a butt.... as i was going by he was showing off with the beep beep can you here me now. Wasnt but a min. and the young lady was waving me back asking if i could find her rings. I first said no..... then the BF said you have to help her find her rings dude. I had a short conversation with him and his dad came up and said he would pay me to find them. So off i went and they were right there and a quick find. I told the dad to keep the money.... but he needed to have a chat with his son. He agreed. The young lady was real happy said she thought they were gone and thanked me and said she was sorry about their comments. That was the first time i wasnt going to do a recovery for someone.

Dew

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold! Take whatever the sand gremlins give you. About now I'd be thrilled with a 10k anything! Of course, I really need to get off my rear and start getting back at it...I'm guessing that would probably help. :laughing7:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You're just a softy! Nice going! Looks like its working to me.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice day at the beach! Way to overcome the beach dbags, always feels good to help out a lady in need.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings...Ill take a 10k any day...I would have told the guy to use his beep beeps that he was doing to find her rings...since the guy didnt apologize I would have took the money...congrats on a three gold week.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice rings and you are a good samaritan to help them out after such a poor display of respect by the young man.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"beep beep can you here me now" I get that a lot. Nice when you can make 'em eat their words. Hopefully he learned something. Congrats on the return, I'm not sure I would've helped, but, then again it's not the girl's fault that her BF is a knucklehead.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder with so many of us out there right now with machines how many of those recent drops are becoming returns? More machine and returns also cuts into our posted finds. We all run into stupid, drunks, and irritating people on the beach.... just part of it.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder with so many of us out there right now with machines how many of those recent drops are becoming returns? More machine and returns also cuts into our posted finds. We all run into stupid, drunks, and irritating people on the beach.... just part of it.

Dew

Lately I've been thinking that it's also economy related. Consider all the tungsten & stainless, ect., starting to show up, in the past those probably would have been a grade of gold. Less gold jewelry being purchased because of the high price it has held for quite some time now. Also far less middle class on the beach these days, and, at least over here, out of state tourism is way down as well. Now toss in the increase in competition, and then factor in all this extra soft sand on the beach. I think this combination of factors is maybe starting to show it's ugly head. :dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dew
I told my friends the same thing the other day...at some beaches there is always someone close by to find a lost ring...we have made 10 or 12 recoveries this Summer ourselves.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been thinking that it's also economy related. Consider all the tungsten & stainless, ect., starting to show up, in the past those probably would have been a grade of gold. Less gold jewelry being purchased because of the high price it has held for quite some time now. Also far less middle class on the beach these days, and, at least over here, out of state tourism is way down as well. Now toss in the increase in competition, and then factor in all this extra soft sand on the beach. I think this combination of factors is maybe starting to show it's ugly head. :dontknow:
Everytime I find a stainless, tungsten or titanium band I say "Five years ago this would have been gold"

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going , Dew. I have run into a few jerks also especially at Coquina Beach, Young guys trying to impress their girl friends.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les ....... they seem to be everywhere or maybe im getting old and get NO RESPECT. Kind of getting it handed to me this month....... Its like rolling the dice, hows that go christmas is coming and daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread