Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By lookindown
  • 2 Post By dewcon4414
  • 1 Post By bigscoop
  • 1 Post By lookindown

Thread: Xcal may need calibrated

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Xcal, Minelab SE, DFX, MXT
    520 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Xcal may need calibrated

This week ive been out there hitting it hard. Im finding a lot of clad but hardly any jewelry..... that and the fact that the Xcal only seems to find 10K. Think it need calibrating ? I got 3 gold this week on had been there a long time. I really got 2 more but they ended up going back to the young lady whose chain was broke off her neck by the BF. He was a butt.... as i was going by he was showing off with the beep beep can you here me now. Wasnt but a min. and the young lady was waving me back asking if i could find her rings. I first said no..... then the BF said you have to help her find her rings dude. I had a short conversation with him and his dad came up and said he would pay me to find them. So off i went and they were right there and a quick find. I told the dad to keep the money.... but he needed to have a chat with his son. He agreed. The young lady was real happy said she thought they were gone and thanked me and said she was sorry about their comments. That was the first time i wasnt going to do a recovery for someone.

Dew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	675979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	675980  
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2672 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Gold is gold! Take whatever the sand gremlins give you. About now I'd be thrilled with a 10k anything! Of course, I really need to get off my rear and start getting back at it...I'm guessing that would probably help.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword.
    75 times
    Shipwrecks
    You're just a softy! Nice going! Looks like its working to me.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2012
    NE Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Tesoro Tigershark, Tesoro Golden uMax, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's a nice day at the beach! Way to overcome the beach dbags, always feels good to help out a lady in need.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2207 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice rings...Ill take a 10k any day...I would have told the guy to use his beep beeps that he was doing to find her rings...since the guy didnt apologize I would have took the money...congrats on a three gold week.
    wrecker likes this.

us
    May 2011
    Halifax, N.C.
    Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
    151 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice rings and you are a good samaritan to help them out after such a poor display of respect by the young man.

us
    May 2012
    AZ
    148 times
    cool

us
    Jul 2005
    Close enough to the beach
    **Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
    158 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    "beep beep can you here me now" I get that a lot. Nice when you can make 'em eat their words. Hopefully he learned something. Congrats on the return, I'm not sure I would've helped, but, then again it's not the girl's fault that her BF is a knucklehead.
    Time is nothing, timing is everything.

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    520 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I wonder with so many of us out there right now with machines how many of those recent drops are becoming returns? More machine and returns also cuts into our posted finds. We all run into stupid, drunks, and irritating people on the beach.... just part of it.

Dew
    lookindown and FloridaFinder like this.
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2672 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    I wonder with so many of us out there right now with machines how many of those recent drops are becoming returns? More machine and returns also cuts into our posted finds. We all run into stupid, drunks, and irritating people on the beach.... just part of it.

Dew
    Lately I've been thinking that it's also economy related. Consider all the tungsten & stainless, ect., starting to show up, in the past those probably would have been a grade of gold. Less gold jewelry being purchased because of the high price it has held for quite some time now. Also far less middle class on the beach these days, and, at least over here, out of state tourism is way down as well. Now toss in the increase in competition, and then factor in all this extra soft sand on the beach. I think this combination of factors is maybe starting to show it's ugly head.
    lookindown likes this.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    2207 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post

Dew
    I told my friends the same thing the other day...at some beaches there is always someone close by to find a lost ring...we have made 10 or 12 recoveries this Summer ourselves.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    2207 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Lately I've been thinking that it's also economy related. Consider all the tungsten & stainless, ect., starting to show up, in the past those probably would have been a grade of gold. Less gold jewelry being purchased because of the high price it has held for quite some time now. Also far less middle class on the beach these days, and, at least over here, out of state tourism is way down as well. Now toss in the increase in competition, and then factor in all this extra soft sand on the beach. I think this combination of factors is maybe starting to show it's ugly head.
    Everytime I find a stainless, tungsten or titanium band I say "Five years ago this would have been gold"
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    Jun 2009
    Bradenton, Fl
    Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
    1256 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Nice going , Dew. I have run into a few jerks also especially at Coquina Beach, Young guys trying to impress their girl friends.

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    520 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Les ....... they seem to be everywhere or maybe im getting old and get NO RESPECT. Kind of getting it handed to me this month....... Its like rolling the dice, hows that go christmas is coming and daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Dew

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1859 times
    Nice one!!!!
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

Sponsors