New Hampshire Beaches Seem Dead, Dead, Dead :sadsmiley:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been out to the coast and hit 4 different beaches. Nothing to be had...not even the usual amount of trash. I did hear about major clean-ups on the beaches, but we went to beaches that hadn't been cleaned and nothing was found. Yesterday's tally: 1 new penny, 5 bottle caps, 2 pieces foil, and 5 pieces of crab/lobster traps. This was after a 4 hour dry and wet hunt. Saturday's finds weren't any better. No coins, little trash.

Last week's Atlantic storms just seemed to push more sand onto the beaches and it's as if everything (trash included) got covered up. Oh well, I guess it's time to put away the Excal for the year and get back out to the fields for land hunting.

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe! :laughing9:

HH,
Anita

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time I was up that way - few yrs back - there was like 20 guys hitting
I was lucky to get a couple gold earrings (which guys probably discriminated) and a few pieces of silver jewelry
a few guys were leaving huge trenches - others I saw throwing trash next to there holes or over their shoulder and a few were being jerks and would run down right in front of me if I was getting a lot in one spot - they would be like 30 yards away - I would get a small area with targets - next thing I would know they would be 10 feet in front of me - one guy kept doing it - he was trying to cover the whole beach and kept cutting me off no matter which way I turned
with that kind of competition - good luck
It takes timing and luck sometimes to get the goodies - the right spot at the right time

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Anita,

Sorry about the conditions up there...it's been slim pickins here also.

I hope we get some winds to churn things up ; I enjoy detecting in the cooler, colder weather.

Good luck

Lorraine

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't put them up just yet! Have the same thing going on down here but the late fall and winter currents will strip a great deal of the sand back off the beaches. I know it gets cold up there but keep an eye on those beaches and when the weather allows it hit those beaches. I've pretty much put my detectors up until this starts happening down here. A large number of my best finds come after the beach season is long over. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AC1955

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband is thinking of getting a wetsuit/drysuit (don't know the difference yet), so he can continue water hunting later in the season. The water up here in New England gets cold, mighty quickly. Not going to quit the beaches just yet, but I was discouraged with this weekend's lack of finds.

HH,
Anita

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if you tryed sallsbury, I've had some luck up there now and again, after the moon high tides with some waves. Don't get up there often enough, It's a two hour
ride one way from my house. Happy hunting.:leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread