its the 5th cracker jack prize I found this year in the water
caspseptmisc.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds so detecting is gold.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love those Cracker Jack prizes!:hello2:

Great find!

Lorraine

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool! Good to know

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to tell my girlfriend this stuff - something happens to me to get one of my friends that detect and know whats what over to help you with whats junk and what has value
I know some people in the hobby - if it aint silver or gold - they think its junk
knew some guys that when I was a kid - if it wasnt gold or silver jewelry or a coin - it went in the trash
I remember finding a few brass advertising tokens that were collectible and some of these guys saying they threw ones like it away
also met guys they had thrown other items like Orphan annie brass deocders and rings from other Tv & radio characters away
stuff that can go for in the $100's now a days
I wrote this tid bit in one of my mag articles - when I was in my teens - late 70's
was hunting with a guy at an 1800's school - back then we were concidered "coinshooters" and were mosting going for
old coins and silver coins - we would occasionally get a piece of gold or silver jewelry - mostly hunting schools and parks and other land spots
well he is like 10 yrds away and throws this large copper looking disc at me and yells "aint that a kick in thehead?" "I dug down deep and thought I had a large cent" I picked it up and rubbed it with my thumb - one side had a broken shank - old button
rubbed the other side and all I remembered was a large GW in its center
I asked if he wanted it - he said no and I tossed it into the bushes
a few years later at a TH'er gathering probably around 1980 - people are checking out some old finds made by a guy that used to hunt cellarholes
he was showing everyone this rare button that had a GW stamped in it and the words "LONG LIVE THE PRESIDENT" around its edge - found the guy that found and threw button at me and he walked over and said "hey - I think I found one just like that" - people asked where it was
"long gone I think" - we went back to area and it was completely paved over where grass was and bushes were
article i did that has this in it is titled "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOT THERE?"
I always tell people - make sure know what you got - before you throw it away
cause like most of us know "One mans trash ...is another mans treasure" :thumbsup:

P.S. anyone that has not gone to my article site and is interested - drop me a PM for the link

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions