Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Want be long before the water is so frigid that your hand will feel like the people who fell into the water off the Titanic! Not being hateful, just descriptive. This is my last 2 hunts to date and the first started by getting in the water and spotting the Kleen Kanteen bottle. Attached to it was the large clip which cost a few dollars. The bottle itself (40 oz) goes for about $28. It is the wide mouth variety. I went to my car to put it in the trunk and when I returned got in where I left off and bang pulled the titanium. Rut ro I said to myself, either your not going to get anything else the rest of the day or find something good. I only have a 4 hr window at this location and after 2 hrs I was believing what I said to myself. As Rick Savage would say " Boom Baby!" thats when I saw the Casio watch inbetween 2 rocks. Looking over at another rock I saw what I thought was a piece of wire which when pulled on turned out to be the Ray Bans! Nice shades, the Predator edition. Sold my Maui Jim and Costa Del Mar shades and pulled in a cool $150 which paid for my Pistol Pro I just got recently. The second hunt got the nice cross which I think is a high grade of gold hence the deep yellow color of it. The sun zoom shades are'nt expensive but brand new and of course 2 more titaniums to add to my bag full! The hat is also brand new because there is no "river smell" in the fabric. It had come to rest on top of a large boulder. Any info on the hat would be appreciated, military? Thanks for looking and may you get the find of a lifetime! Goodluck, Detectahead!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    536.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    559.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly did good. ! Nice cross. Did it have a Karat mark stamp?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that cross :thumb_up: my hands never get cold in the water -
I wear 7mm kevlar gloves when temps drop - keeps them nice and toasty

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds...congrats.

Last edited:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice finds! Beautiful cross! Maybe a full wetsuit with gloves and boots would be worth the investment.

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CASPER-2 said:
Love that cross :thumb_up: my hands never get cold in the water -
I wear 7mm kevlar gloves when temps drop - keeps them nice and toasty

Would have to where gloves over the gloves. Gravel and rocks searching for target wold ruin them.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Terrific hunting, Detectahead! I love that gold cross!:headbang:

Lorraine

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on your finds ,pretty cross & I've yet to find some of those Tungsten Rings:icon_thumright:,,HH:hello:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds.The cross is awesome.:icon_thumleft:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold. The hat is a "boonie" style hat issued in the army and marines, but it can't be determined from your pic if it's actual issue. There are many reproductions made, some better than issue.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Great looking finds, the cross is a beauty. Jason is right, the military does issue boonie covers, the solid OD green have not been issued in quite some time, most likely a repro. Still works though, keeps the sun off your face and neck. DH has a great suggestion about the kevlar gloves. Little expensive to me, but I used them all last year, tore up the fingers because I dive and move lots of rocks. Sewed the finger tips and they are as good as they need to be for me.

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought about putting the leather gloves over the Kevlar just to keep from doing that.

bblaha

Jul 25, 2012
Great finds, a lot of people where hats like that to fish with. I see them at bass pro and dicks sometimes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread