Back from Aruba

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Hunted for a few days in front of the high rise and low rise hotels. It was the off season so all I found
was a a silver earing and some clad. I tried the high rises again for a couple of days and met a couple of pros with aquasound machines and wetsuits.
It looked like they covered every square inch with their masks and snorkels. The husband told me they travel quite a lot and have a lot of finds from their method of hunting. I watched his wife hunting for several days with a lot of time under the water.
I managed to find one 14k men's wedding ring in the muck and slime. It was probably missed by the pros.
Finally met Tntk9 and he took me around for a couple of days sharing his expertise and locations. I found a sophia ring which
had abalone inserts and more Arubian clad. I helped one newlywed couple recover the husbands ring. Found it in about 2 minutes in the area where it was lost. Looked like a large tungsten ring. Also got to help another couple that were playing volleyball in a pool when her 2kt engagement ring flew off her finger. After searching for an hour no success. I think someone found it and kept it. All in all I had a fun time and got to do a lot of detecting. My new CZ21 about 3 weeks old needed a battery change. After changing the battery the Cz wouldnt resume normal functions. I keep getting a sound like trash or a freight train. I have no control using the settings. Its going back to Fisher since its almost brand new. Lucky Les told me to take my Excal. He also was very generous with some of his hunting equipment. I would go back to Aruba around the end of Jan- march when there are more tourists and targets.

Upvote 0

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on your finds,also great to meet up with one of the forum buddies:icon_thumright:,,HH:hello:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like my last trip there - when I was there last - there were groups of hunters traveling together there - between the onesI heard about that were there weeks before me and the ones I saw - there were about 14 guys there in about a 3 weeks span

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back!! At least you found something and enjoyed a great vacation. Meeting this Thursday.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry about the slim pickin's. I found an Aruba 5 cent at Lido Beach when the hurricane went past a couple weeks back. I think that was my first Aruba coin.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
'All in all I had a fun time and got to do a lot of detecting. '

That says it all, welcome back.
:occasion14:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Steve it sounds like you had a great trip!! congrats on the gold! I'm getting company but dying to get out!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad you'r back Steve ,and congratulations on your finds in Aruba . Both of my 8" and 10" CZ21s also went down and are at Fishers' being repaired .Will do some detecting when I get them back . Took out the Dual Field out of mothballs for one trip to Clearwater (till the 21s are repaired) and only found those dreaded pieces of crab traps. Take care and I'll see you at the meeting .

Thomas152

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delighted you'r rear Charlie, along with best wishes in your discovers throughout Aruba. Both regarding my personal 8" along with 10" CZ21s also occurred and are from Fishers' becoming mended.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread