Spoonfull

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Had some free time and went to a local river with intentions of getting out in it with the Excalibur. The water was so low that the speed through the rocks was too fast to fool with. We decided to check the areas behind the cuts that we could deal with. We found a lot of the usual trash, cans, caps, and tabs. One spot started producing sinkers, a lot of sinkers. I guess we found 25 or more. The only ones I kept were these 5 unusual ones. Looks like they were poured into spoons. We are going back and dig this hole out and see what is left. We just stopped digging signals as it was getting dark and the bugs were eating us up. I'll post an update when we go back. P9240848.JPG

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Low water is slower than high water. Get back out there! Yes those look like homemade weights. Keep all your lead it will add up. It is only 85 cents a pound, but it will add up when you get a pile. You never know what you will find. You need to find a place where people swim. If people swim there, keep looking. Where are you?

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,at least you got out its always great to get out in the sun vitamin D:hello2:,,HH:hello:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those old home made sinkers.:icon_thumleft:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Steve and friends;
Was in the Wabash. Water was so low it was being channeled thru cuts in the rocks. I may hit it tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread