Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Moons arent bad, they really dont have much in the tentacle area either. The bad ones are the huge pink Lions Mane jellies, they sting bad and have huge long tentacles. Those are the bad ones. Diving off Sarasota this time of year you will see a few to sometimes many moons, but the lions manes are usually a winter thing when there are large amounts of them, but you could see one at any time of year. I dive with no wetsuit in the summer and never had a problem bumping into a moon, and I have had them cover my whole head when coming up. Last summer was the worst for moons especially on the East Coast, they were thick. Its the scare factor to bump into somethng you didnt see.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the man o wars are the real killers of the jellyfish world -- they got jellyfish but no peanut butter ones.

sushi "jellyfish" yumm

Last edited:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have not seen any Clearwater the past week Ron. But they were really bad at Casey key a few weeks back .

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks herb for the info.all I wanted to know was about the clearwater beaches ,not other jellyfish sorry guys.

mudslingers8

Greenie
Feb 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ron
I have been stung a dozen times this year alone in the Naples area, but still a great time on the beach. Met a friend of yours at Lowdermilk Park the other day.
Mudslinger

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get stung any more , I bought one of those thin dive suits just for jellyfish,but I wanted to know weather I have to take with me when I go to Clearwater this weekend.Hay mudslinger was my friends name Gold Ring HAHA not in the water at Lowdermilk. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread