im gonna need a bigger scoop !

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my new excal II to ft desoto behind the fort on the beach found stuff so deep im gettin charlie Horses plus a swollen knee to boot, hunted in all metal to learn sounds,:dontknow: no golden tickets I got their @ 10 am and their were scoop holes all over, I stuck it out their, save your self a trip their for a little while seems to be hunted out, im reel happy with my excal, thinking about puttin it on a back strap the straight shaft from my 800 got heavy @ end of day, all in all what a great day at the beach dolphins were playing with each other all day, huge schools of bait fish jumping out of the water, water was clear all the way to the bottom,reel calm no waves....... HH capt.

Upvote 0

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pop top,
What ended up being wrong with your older excal?
Wasn't the battery connector bad?
Gary G.

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure, I tried my new battery on it and still doin same thing gonna get it checked out

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are having the same problem I did recently try this... My x cal was cutting in and out on me... turns out when you take the charger on and off you are supposed to take it straight off Do Not Wiggle it of the charger. this causes the to pins to close up... take a small bladed knife and open up the terminals just enough to make a snug fit when putting the charger onto the battery... this will fix the connection problem... Good luck and I hope this solves the issue...

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye Pop Top! I thought Ft. D. was sanded in? What's the word on it?

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was, takes me almost an hour just to get their, every target was deep, and on the cut on the beach behind the fort it was hard digging with all the coral rocks in the sand so I just hit the swim lines to see if I could get lucky but their was allready scoop holes their, was thinking about going somewhere else but since I was allready wet I figured I just stick it out & learn my new machine, im not movin so fast today cause of it, thinking about goin local today (tattoo beach, no gold just tats), Beep Beep..... capt.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Captain Pop Top, where do you live? I am in Sarasota. Sounds like you have a loose wire, or salt water in the battery connection. I have had both. Wiggle wires to see if it changes. If there is a connector in the coil cable, this could be. Also make sure there is no water at battery connection, and always use silicone grease on the rubber disc and the threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread