Battery Connection Problem with X-Calibur 1000 ?

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are having the same problem I did recently try this... My x cal was cutting in and out on me... turns out when you take the charger off & on, you are supposed to take it straight off. Do Not Wiggle it of the charger. This causes the to connection pins to close up... take a small bladed knife and open up the terminals just enough to make a snug fit when putting the charger back onto onto the battery... this will fix the connection problem... Good luck and I hope this solves the issue...

Upvote 0

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a wise idea! I also keep the contacts clean with a light nailfile, also clean female end.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been one of those guilty ones on wiggling the connection to the charger, thanks for the tip Whydah I'm sure it going to save on a headache in the future

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
Something I found that works great is to buy a spark plug gap tool. They are only a couple bucks.
There are numbers on the tool that allow you to re-spread the pins to an exact spacing every time you need to do so.
That way you won't overdo it.
HH
Gary G.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
I also use a brass wire brush to clean them up...works perfect... And after cleaning the male side I do the female side too. Then I use electrical conector jelly (just a dab) before putting the connections back together...it watre proofs it too...

jim/wpb

Apr 2, 2008
West Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, F75SE, Excalibur, Whites Dual Field, Aqua Sound
Primary Interest:
On another note, beware of the wire from the battery to the housing. Inspect it often. If this loosens or pulls out from either end, it will allow water in the unit.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
I'll add this also if you wiggle the wire off by the wire the wire will break internally also. I did it to mine and here is a video of the fix. Don't be afraid to do this at home it was easy, if you have the tools. But one of your friends does so bring it to him!
BCNJ Here's the video!
Battery - YouTube

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
On another note....careful NOT to over tighten your wing nuts on the battery or main body, they will crack the housing. Especially in the colder weather.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread