Treasure Hunters Cookout/Fundraiser

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
We are planning a cookout, just like the one we've been having the past 4 years in the Spring. This one however, is not only for treasure hunter's and enthusiasts but for everyone. This time it's not just for fun, this will be a fund raiser to cure Mad4wrecks (Tom Gidus') cancer. Unfortunately Tom, like a lot of treasure hunter's has no medical insurance and this will be a very expensive ordeal. I am looking to you guys to show up and support this fundraiser. Most of you know who Tom is and if you are unfortunate enough not to, I'll tell you....He's one hell of a nice guy who helps everybody that he can and deserves our support! The cookout/fundraiser will be at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, just like last April and will be held on Saturday, November 3rd. Whoever would like to help put this on, PM me or get hold of someone who knows my phone number/email. Most everybody out there already knows it! LOL.
You can follow the progress on the Shipwreck forum.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I have at least four guys donating cobs to the raffle/auction along with new books an other shipwreck artifacts. There are also some interesting and quite possibly valuable artifacts that will be available.. I'll try to compile at least a partial list when I return from the Keys next week.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I talked to Taffi Fisher today. She's going to donate a 1715 plate fleet or Atocha 8 Reale cob coin to be auctioned off at the benefit. Also she will be there for a short time to visit. Also, Elle has sent me her last copy of her book "The Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet" that will also be available! This may go on auction or in the raffle! I will also offer 3 rice bowls dated around 900 AD from the Vietnam wreck of the Tang Dynasty era which I got from Treasure Huntin' Tom. Additionally, I'll put up for auction, out of my personal collection, an original Tairona Indian Pre-Colombian Tumbaga figurine of unknown age to generate interest. I'll post pictures of my stuff and Elle's book next week when I get back from the Keys. BTW, Elle is also known as Laura Strolia, a wonderful researcher, so you don't want to mis what she has to say!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I talked to Taffi Fisher today. She's going to donate a 1715 plate fleet or Atocha 8 Reale cob coin to be auctioned off at the benefit. Also she will be there for a short time to visit. Also, Elle has sent me her last copy of her book "The Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet" that will also be available! This may go on auction or in the raffle! I will also offer 3 rice bowls dated around 900 AD from the Vietnam wreck of the Tang Dynasty era which I got from Treasure Huntin' Tom. Additionally, I'll put up for auction, out of my personal collection, an original Tairona Indian Pre-Colombian Tumbaga figurine of unknown age to generate interest. I'll post pictures of my stuff and Elle's book next week when I get back from the Keys. BTW, Elle is also known as Laura Strolia, a wonderful researcher, so you don't want to mis what she has to say!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Daniel Sedwick sent me two books today to be used as a raffle item or to be auctioned off for Tom's benefit. One is a signed copy of his Fourth Edition " The Practical Book of Cobs". The other is a signed copy of "The Tumbaga Saga" Treasure of the Conquistadors by Augustin "Augi" Garcia Barneche.
Thank you Dan!
Aquanut John

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to check in and say if you are going to attend this cookout/benefit!!!!!!! great food, drinks,treasure related raffle prizes,treasure coins and artifacts to be auctioned, possible metal detectors and scoops, metal detecting accessories, metal detecting events, and great company!!!!!!!!!!!! if you have been before please let everyone know how great it was! i have, and its an amazing great time with treasure hunting friends!!!!!!!!

so...........are you coming?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lynn and I are coming, we will arrive early Friday, Lynn wants to work some beaches Friday, so we will bring detectors, we will be there at the motel in the evening and all day Saturday. Lynn has to work at 1:30 PM Sunday, so we will be leaving Sat evening. I will have a pocket full of cash when the bidding starts, I hope I can get something, all my cobs were stolen a couple years ago. Steve.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To Kiana7:

I did receive your wonderful, uplifting card and check. I was overcome with emotion to receive support from somebody I don't even know. So thank you Kiana7. (mailed you a thank you card as well).

I have always enjoyed the comraderie on treasurenet, have been a member for many years, and I try to help out people the same way I was helped out when starting (professionally) in this business.

Again, many thanks for your kindness and I will be sure to "pay it forward."

Tom
www.wreckoverysalvage.com

[email protected]

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well, I'm back from the Keys! Had a good time and managed to recruit a little help with the cookout while down there.
Hey Dell, the Steel Drums are perfect. We'll also have a DJ. They can give each other a break so they too can enjoy the cookout. I'm going over to Kellyco either tomorrow or Thursday to talk to them about the cookout.

I hope to see everybody that's interested post something here!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hang in there Tom. I am looking forward to meeting you. Ray with Kellyco called me today and said they will be donating 4 metal detectors to do with as we feel best.

I'm going to get together with Ray tomorrow to pick up what he has ready. I've also been in touch with the rep from Whites and he'll be setting up a booth at the cookout. We'll be getting packages in the mail from reps also. The response from treasure hunting and metal detecting clubs has been unreal. This is gonna be BIG!
I wouldn't be surprised if we top a thousand people! It has grown beyond belief!
Thank goodness for the people that have privately contacted me and offered their help!
There's a lot more, Including but not nearly limited to: a high grade 8 Reale either from the Atocha or the 1715 fleet from Taffi Fisher, a couple coins originally from Mo Molinar, including some others, artifacts, some ancient shipwreck treasures (Tang Dynasty Rice Bowls) and two possible pre-Columbian Tumbaga figures from the Tairona Indians in Colombia. There are signed books from Dan Sedwick, and many others I'll detail later in my posts, I just don't have the time at the moment. I need to get details and take pictures of stuff I already have and get it on the shipwreck thread of treasurent.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
While Trembull was picking up the 1715 fleet 8 reale and Cert from Taffi Fisher, I was at Kellyco picking up donations they were gracious enough to offer. Bigdogdad had contacted Ray Walker over there and Kellyco really came through!I picked up 250 backpack combos from Kellyco, that will go with the first 250 meal tickets as people want them. Ray Walker also had 3 MPX metal detectors ready, so I picked them up also. He said he'd call me for me a pickup when the Ace250 comes in. Great Guy! He said he's going to try and be at the cookout too.

More info to come...

Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Kellco has given us 250 backpacks full of stuff and 4 metal detectors, 3 MPX's and an Ace 250 for the auction. Plus Taffi Fisher gave us another cob to auction. It's an 8 Reale off the 1715 fleet worth about $800 to $1000. We have several other cobs donated by members also. Many artifacts and Treasure ship stuff will be available in the raffles or auctions. The details will appear in the shipwreck section as soon as I can get the info together. You all really don't want to miss this one! There won't be another like it!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
You can add an 8 Reale from El Cazador donated by Diver_Down. Another new metal detector, a Fisher F75 donated by Fisher through Kellco.
3 pieces of beautiful Mayan Pottery donated by Tommy Vawter from the Treasworks collection.
You can see the pottery on the Shipwreck Section.
Aquanut

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, here are the donations i was able to work out.

1. a fisher f75 metal detector donated by mike scott and crew at first texas/fisher/teknetics/bountyhunter.

2. a box of shirts and hats and ????? also from mike scott and crew.

3. two sand scoops, a pirate flag and ????? from laraine at rtg scoops.

4. a few misc things that i have picked up.

this is going to be a great event and if you want a chance to win these and other great items you have to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!
chuck.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey aquanut, I've had mad4wrecks and all ya'll in my prayers since I first read about all this.
I was expecting I would be on a trip far away during the cookout, but, as forces would have it, I should show up on Saturday.
I know you're real busy, I'll throw ya a pm, and charge the GPS to find you all.
Looking forward to it seeing everyone and bless you all. Special blessings for mad4wrecks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fantastic event put on by Aquanut as always......

As usual the food was out of the world and lots of it, John my hats off to you for all you do, you are a great person to help put this together for Tom...

It was great to see everyone and to meet new people. The auction was great with some very spirited bidding on some great items, wish I could have won a couple, but the bidding went beyond me. I do hope we were able to help Tom some..

A SPECIAL thanks to the people who contributed for the auction, to the vendors who donated their time and detectors and a specal thanks to KellyCo for what you did...

Anyone who missed it missed a fantastic time.........:headbang:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang!!!!! im still recovering from this awesome event!!!!!!
graffixgirl and brad(deepsix) and a few others, you kept me up too late saturday night. i will make a much larger more detailed post very soon with
amazing pics my wife took of alot of the prize winners holding there recently aquired treasure, including each of the mpx detectors, the fisher f75, the rtg scoops, coins, pottery, klingons.... etc:

HUGE THANKS TO MIKE SCOTT AT FISHER RESEARCH LABS AND LARAINE RIELY AT RTG, FOR THERE GREAT DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread