Tried for two hrs to find a newly weds lost titanium band

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried for two hrs to find a newly wed's lost titanium band

Went to Siesta key beach today(FL west coast),and as soon as I hit the water was approched by a very sad newly wed. She and her husband who have been married less than a month, were in the water in front of the Blue lifeguard stand. The water was very rough today,and the husband tried to body surf a wave in. When he stood up,he noticed the ring missing. He told me he was in water waist deep,just past the first sandbar when he caught the wave. I tried for two hrs,but it was just too rough to do a through job. I have to work the next five days,so if someone finds it please contact me and I can give you the guys info. Thanks.

Upvote 0

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Nice effort to do a return. Sometimes I get offered a little cash for my time which is a bonus.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding someones ring when they ask is sometimes difficult. The either didn't lose it where they thought, or took it off and forgot about it. I've even had idiots ask me to look for something that wasn't lost also just to see the nerd waste his time. One couples wedding ring I looked for about a week till I found it and that was in a inland swim beach. I was glad I found it as it drives me crazy when I am told something is lost and I can't find it.

You did good trying to help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If surf was rough it could be a long ways from where they think it was lost. I was asked by a couple to look for a ring their 12 year old son had lost, it was a Christmas present from the mother and it was New Years day wehn I was there. They showed me where he was at and I search but could not find. I gave up after about 90 mins and moved on down the beach.

About 75 yeard down the beach I found a ring that said on inside something like "Merry Xmas love mom." I went back up the beach to the couple and asked if they could identify the ring, she told me exactly what was engraved in ring. I gave it to the lady and when I told them where I found it they were astounded as he was in front of them when it came off and never was down the beach where I found it, but surf had been rough when it was lost...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice of you to try and find it for them. I have returned several rings to the rightful owners and it is a great feeling when it can be done. One of the most frustrating days I had, a lady and her mom approached me and said the daughter had lost her diamond engagement ring about waist deep an hour earlier. They showed me where they thought it was but the tide was rough and rising. I happened to be using my Excal that day so I could descriminate the signals and save time. Only took about ten minutes to get that locked on gold tone in chest deep water. I am sure it was a ring and gold, but everytime I would try to get the scoop in the sand a wave would knock me ten feet off of the signal. Now I weigh about 210 pounds, so am not what you would call light, but after about fifteen minutes of finding the signal and getting blown off of it I had to give up. Unfortunately I had to head home before the next falling tide so nothing I could do to help them out and this beach is hit by so many water hunters that I am sure it was found or sank out of range of everyone in the next couple of tides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions