From the Land of the PILGRIMS !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a chance to hunt with a friend today, ( Leprechaun ) we met up in an area, that I got a tip on a few days ago, about silver being found close by the water... I had hit an area close by there yesterday and found a few wheaties, 3 buffalo nickels and 3 mecury dimes... I was off to a good start... I contacted Leprechaun last night, and ask him if he wanted to find some silver today? As we all know the answer to that question... He said he was in, and what time to meet up in the morning... Gave a few directions, and he was good.... Met up this morning, and out of the truck we went... my very first signal of the day, a mercry dime, wow the monkey was off my back from the start, I knew then it was going to get better from that point on.... but it didn't , at least not rite away..... we walked about a half a mile in mud, and poked through the junk everywhere... Leprechaun stayed out in the flats, while I went higher up where the water line starts.... Glad I did too, first 2 signals were 2 Army Coat buttons from the 40's, I knew that no one had been in that area.... how could they miss them?... Then a figaroe BRASS neck chain, I didn't know they produced them in brass...lolol what a cheepie....Then a corroded Early MATRON HEAD STYLE - Largie, can't make the date at all... totally toasted, but still a great find.... They were produced from 1816 to 1836... not bad for a water find....Then a sterling pin with 2 roses on the front of it, very prety, and old.... By this time I had called Leprechaun up and over to me.... Just before he made it to me I got a 925 sterling wedding band....Then again, my detector starting to screem at me, Bang, another silver, this time a Washington quarter... loving the silver... a few more... wheaties in between, and a very nice dress weight from the early 20's... A great day and way up into the high 70's... On the way out we got 3 very nice old green buckels... wow what a way to end and top off a great hunt... Dig everything... Happy Hunting Flower Beach (1).JPG Flower Beach (8).JPG Large Cent (7).JPG Large Cent (17).JPG Flower Beach (3).JPG Flower Beach (4).JPG Flower Beach (5).JPG Flower Beach (6).JPG Flower Beach (7).JPG

Upvote 0

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CONGRATS !!

You guys consistently find some of the greatest stuff out there !!! :)

AWESOME HUNT !!!

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations...awesome finds and thanks for the inspiration! Just a hunch Whydah...were you and/or your dad in the tree moving business?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread