From the Land of the PILGRIMS !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a chance to hunt with a friend today, ( Leprechaun ) we met up in an area, that I got a tip on a few days ago, about silver being found close by the water... I had hit an area close by there yesterday and found a few wheaties, 3 buffalo nickels and 3 mecury dimes... I was off to a good start... I contacted Leprechaun last night, and ask him if he wanted to find some silver today? As we all know the answer to that question... He said he was in, and what time to meet up in the morning... Gave a few directions, and he was good.... Met up this morning, and out of the truck we went... my very first signal of the day, a mercry dime, wow the monkey was off my back from the start, I knew then it was going to get better from that point on.... but it didn't , at least not rite away..... we walked about a half a mile in mud, and poked through the junk everywhere... Leprechaun stayed out in the flats, while I went higher up where the water line starts.... Glad I did too, first 2 signals were 2 Army Coat buttons from the 40's, I knew that no one had been in that area.... how could they miss them?... Then a figaroe BRASS neck chain, I didn't know they produced them in brass...lolol what a cheepie....Then a corroded Early MATRON HEAD STYLE - Largie, can't make the date at all... totally toasted, but still a great find.... They were produced from 1816 to 1836... not bad for a water find....Then a sterling pin with 2 roses on the front of it, very prety, and old.... By this time I had called Leprechaun up and over to me.... Just before he made it to me I got a 925 sterling wedding band....Then again, my detector starting to screem at me, Bang, another silver, this time a Washington quarter... loving the silver... a few more... wheaties in between, and a very nice dress weight from the early 20's... A great day and way up into the high 70's... On the way out we got 3 very nice old green buckels... wow what a way to end and top off a great hunt... Dig everything... Happy Hunting Flower Beach (1).JPG Flower Beach (8).JPG Large Cent (7).JPG Large Cent (17).JPG Flower Beach (3).JPG Flower Beach (4).JPG Flower Beach (5).JPG Flower Beach (6).JPG Flower Beach (7).JPG

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig! The gold come next. Detecting is gold.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like where i brought you?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
WOWIE!! That was some terrific hunting!

Very interesting finds...I love that sterling pin with the roses.:headbang:

I love finding old buckles, too.

Lorraine

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ! Sounds like you guys had a great day while I was working . : ( . Don't forget to thank Plymouthian12 for the tip !!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its always nice hitting silver on you first hit of the day, the rest is icing on the cake, sweet hunt Whydah :sunny:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Great finds ! Sounds like you guys had a great day while I was working . : ( . Don't forget to thank Plymouthian12 for the tip !!

Actually it was my Dad who gave me the tip... Plymothonian had Nothing to do with it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
and why does everyone think it was is Plymouth anyway? Pilgrims landed on Provincetown first....:)

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because most of Ptown is part of the National Sea shore , everyone knows its off limits to detecting .

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great hunt hard to believe the largie was there to bad its toasted mercs look ok though hey sent you a pm

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I like, the variety of finds! Great hunt!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys hunting in my back yard!!:hello: Next time we can hunt the spit where the old hotel was!!!!
Havent been to the Old Hunting Field in a year or so you did great........ sweet hunt!!!

SnT

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some great treasures you dug there Whydah, I would like to see that lineup of hunters, Lepra, Snt, and Whydah.....

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some great treasures you dug there Whydah, I would like to see that lineup of hunters, Lepra, Snt, and Whydah.....

I think you you mean Lep, Whydah, OBN, and SnT! When you come to visit remember I'm still the Rookie trying to impress the old barnacles!!!!!:notworthy:

SnT

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've had some great finds for a rookie snt.:icon_thumleft: You were a rookie when I first met you 3 years ago.Lep.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Because most of Ptown is part of the National Sea shore , everyone knows its off limits to detecting .

That's true mike most of it is off limits, but do some research and you will see what I wass refering too... Happy Hunting...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks like a great hunt hard to believe the largie was there to bad its toasted mercs look ok though hey sent you a pm
I
t was a little tough getting to this small area,but it all paid off... wish the Largie was in better shape but it's all good. Guess I wouldn't look to good after being in the water after almost 200 years either...

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,:icon_thumleft:on all your historical finds,,HH:hello:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never gotten a large cent on beach or in water yet - best Ive gotten is indians
so thats cool you got one - wonder if theres some old old silver there too
sounds like a good hunt :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Went back there and got a few Mercs from the same little area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread