Jun 29, 2012
westside
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 350 (sold)
Garrett AT PRO
Garret pro pinpointer
Minelab Excalibur II
Hi.
Im going to Gran Canaria this december and have been trying to find out if there is any restrictions or laws against metal detecting there.,
It seems to be laws against it on the mainland or parts of the mainland of spain but i cant find anything about the canary islands and some says here and there on the internet that they THINK theres no laws or rules but i wanna be sure before
going to the beach there. I dont wanna risk police taking the Excalibur or something.
So if anyone have been there or know the laws or even know where to find info about it please help me..
/Jimmy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

svensken77

Jun 29, 2012
westside
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 350 (sold)
Garrett AT PRO
Garret pro pinpointer
Minelab Excalibur II
I just got an answer form a guy in living on Gran canaria and he said there was no restrictions on that island. However i read that on the mainland of spain there is..
Hope hes right.

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
In Catalonia on the spanish mainland metaldetecting is not allowed anymore. I had never any problems in Mallorca or Menorca. In Menorca police once asked me about my metaldetecting in the water. I speak Spanish fluently so we talked a bit and I showed them my Pesetas and all the junk I had so far. They were amused and wished me happy hunting. Maybe Hispan can give you more info. He hunts spanish mainland too. Have a good vacation. Looking forward to see your finds when you come back.

OP
OP
S

svensken77

Jun 29, 2012
westside
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 350 (sold)
Garrett AT PRO
Garret pro pinpointer
Minelab Excalibur II
Looking forward to see your finds when you come back.
Im gonna find a bucket of Euros like you posted in another thread. :) and ALOT of gold ofcourse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread