Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to work last night - but when I got out - went home and packed and headed to the Cape again - itwas supposed to rain all day and I knew I would not make it for low tide - so Whydah and me figured we'd just make plans for Mon. low since i'd already be down in the area. I showed up at hotel and hoped to checked in early - they said no so I headed to nearby beach. It was a few hours after low tide but spot I hit has shallow areas and some blown out spots here and there. Last time I hit this area - visability was aweful but I came up with 2 large silver rings - told Whydah that if he went back there to try around there cause I knew with the bad viz I could not hit it properly and knew if those 2 big silvers were there - there had to be more stuff others missed - i was surprised at just what was missed. The area is loaded with old time pulltabs - me & Whydah took a bunch out in May I think, but if theyre there - others missed those pulltabs or used strong discrim. to miss them and might have missed the gold too. The small orange topaz or citrine I found in a small blow out in between some seagrass beds - the green stoned class ring was below an area where there were shallow seagrass beds - the seagrass beds in this spot were like 2 feet under water and then there are drop offs where there is no seagrass anymore (nothing to hold the sand down -so the sand gets blown out in these spots and thats where you get the oldies) I then hit a spot where i got 9 coins in about a 4ft by 6ft area - might have been an ocean pocket spill - there were 3 silver quarters, 1 silver dime, silver wartime nickel, 2 buffalos, a jefferson nickel and a wheat cent. was surprised again when I hit a small blow out and scooped up a walking liberty half. little later I got the 1955 class ring (has OLN on the face???) - again it was below the edge of a field of sea grass. The last one was a big surprise and a big ring - i was in an area where i was getting a bunch of pulltabs - I hit a blow out spot and got a loud reading and thought "its another pulltab" - It took 3 scoops and I was shocked when I saw huge clunker of a class ring staring up at me - i would have bet it was any thing but - it is also dated 1955. I cant believe the luck Im having - this was not a planned hunt - i could have went anywhere for that couple of hrs or no where. Glad i took my own advice and hit there again. Oh I have a big find I have not taken a pic of yet - will post as soon as I can get a good pic.
Other shiney ring I think is Titanium and one on far right I think is junk - also got another silver quarter (next to half) a silver rosey and small silver relig.medal found a couple of small brass ship spike pieces too
I hunted in all metal with my CZ21 and dug it all
DSC00373.JPG DSC00376.JPG
DSC00377.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
You are killing it! Keep it up - whatever you are doing don't stop!!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job Casper, some fine looking treasure:icon_thumleft:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good!

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,we are running out of words:laughing9::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::tchest:,,HH:hello:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is walking liberty half - just as i found it (I did not break the crust off )
found it in a blown out depression in a sea grass field
got a huge blast that sounded like target was right on top
I looked down and could not see it but it was just under the surface (I only scooped a few inches of sand to retrieve it)
my guess is it was buried deep and encrusted - storms blew sea grass from this spot uncovering it and
over years or months - currents wore the crust off the exposed side
DSC00379.JPG DSC00380.JPG

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are on a perpetual roll, Casper! :headbang:

Beautiful gold finds..I love the class rings!

Lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love that silver half !:hello2:

L

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At what point do you have to start dropping the diving belt weights on account for all that added weight in gold? :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you have been doing great! It's really impressive to see how much gold and silver you pull.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds !!!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very nice finds! What a pile! That would make my year! The ships spikes were made of bronze, never brass. Bronze is made with 70% copper, 30% tin-tin is like super stainless steel. Brass is 70% copper and 30% zinc. Zinc is one of the fastest corroding metals there is. Besides sodium which explodes if in water. Brass has no strength or corrosion resistance. Brass wouldnt last when used on a ship in sea water.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing better than gold... is old gold...nice vintage rings...congrats.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got alot of great finds for a two hour hunt Casper.Awesome haul.:leprechaun-hat:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice
cheesy.gif
Congratulations!
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread