can we talk about this again would like input

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a new sand scoop, I have the rtg scoop (forgot measurements ) but I paid $170 for it. Im looking at sunspot stealth with small holes $200 or the T- rex im west coast of FL, soft sand to shell coral bay bottom sand, I like small holes to capture the smaller targets. It seems im doing xtra diggin with the rtg scoop and I like how the two scoops look just looking for some xtra input to help me decide. Thanks Capt.

Upvote 0

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't give you too much infor only b/c my scoop got swanked,But did order the 720 Stealth:icon_thumright:,,HH photo-103.JPG

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stealth S3i has 1/4 holes works very well. $$237 101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana what were you fighting off with that scoop?, looks like a shark bite,Lol, ron I was thinking about that one but was wondering. If the angled one might be better but it didnt come in 1/4 size holes, I may just go with that one, I like how its pointed

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an RTG.... what i learned was in our soft sand as it fills it has a tendency to push FLOATER out the front like coins. I was chasing to many targets and when we got the shell hard pan... it would turn on me badly because of the mouth. I like Steves stealth 720, but i really like Ron Delgotoes with the 1/4 inch holes i use a ProScoop which is the same thing except Ron moved the handle to the top of the scoop and reenforced those weak welded areas.... very well done for our sand wet or dry. They are 12X10 inches like mine... so they are large enough to go after deep targets. You cant go wrong with either.

Dew

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that one as well be thinking all day nite, it is easier to order it seems the sun spot wants to email them, I like to just order and pay, maybee they make em after you order them, their pretty close to same thing , if I had money to burn I get both

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After alot of thought, I ordered the S3i, being shipped today !!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

IfI did not have several scoops, this would be the one.... 720-rear.jpg

720-front.jpg STEALTH
“720” is 6 ” high x 7” wide and 15” long

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my scoop not fancy or perfect no brand name but works for me . It has what all the others don't its was free and has a lifetime warranty . If it breaks I toss it out the window at my buddies metal fab shop and he fixes it !

image-495189058.jpg

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used the sunspot stealth! Just awesome, no other scoop allowed me to lift a gallon of sand out of the ground at once!

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing worse than being in a gold producing beach and have your scoop break or bend. If you are traveling and it happens, your trip went sour. Good scoops ,like good detectors, cost more but are worth the price in the long run.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoops need to have lots of holes to sift the sand fast so you can get another bite of sand before the hole fills in on the next wave. Too small of holes and those small rocks and shells waste your time. For the dry sand a screen type scoop is needed for very fast sifting.

No matter which scoop you choose, when finding a nice piece of jewelry, slip it into your pouch like it was just more trash. Save the HAPPY DANCE for later. You never know who is watching you. Happy Dance.gif

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoops need to have lots of holes to sift the sand fast so you can get another bite of sand before the hole fills in on the next wave. Too small of holes and those small rocks and shells waste your time. For the dry sand a screen type scoop is needed for very fast sifting.

No matter which scoop you choose, when finding a nice piece of jewelry, slip it into your pouch like it was just more trash. Save the HAPPY DANCE for later. You never know who is watching you. View attachment 686362
Best advice i've heard yet, especially the last part. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions