10-9 finds....sterling

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out today......just when I thought there couldnt be more sand on the beach.....there is more sand on the beach. I spent a good amount of time in the water waist deep or so. Only decent find of the day was at the high tide line though. I was pretty sure what it was when I dug it up.....I've just never seen one before. Its marked "Gorham Sterling 72". Its a vintage corner bookmark. One just sold on ebay for about $35.00. Didnt break the bank but it was an odd find. Heres a few pics... Oh, and I came face to face with my first shark today.......about a 3 1/2 footer.:icon_pale:

10-9 finds.jpg
Bookmark1st.jpg
Bookmark3.jpg

Attachments

• Bookmark3.jpg
    Bookmark3.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love all things silver and that bookmark is outstanding! Great find!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice find! Unusual. A 3 1/2' shark is just a baby. With all the bait out now, you will probably see a few more, and not see a bunch more.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find !!! , how come when sharks swim by they always look like their smiling ?

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the shark swims by and keeps on going.......wish people would do the same..."What are you looking for?"...."What are you finding?"...."Ever found anything good?"...."Whats the bast thing you've ever found?"......."What does that thing do when you find something?" blah blah blah keep moving people

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the shark swims by and keeps on going.......wish people would do the same..."What are you looking for?"...."What are you finding?"...."Ever found anything good?"...."Whats the bast thing you've ever found?"......."What does that thing do when you find something?" blah blah blah keep moving people
Some days a lot of my time gets taken up talking to people but I figure its just part of the game. I dont mind giving them a little info about the hobby. That bookmark is a cool find.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver piece.... you just never know what you might find out there...... or what might find you.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hag, I love silver..and I sure do like that vintage corner bookmark...great find!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread