Contemplating a road trip

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several things are converging at once. First, I have an incredible desire to get out for some SERIOUS detecting. Second, Hopefully I will be released back to full work status by my doctor (I have get back sometime!). Third, my chief is complaining that I have WAY too much vacation banked (apparently more than anyone else on the department). He basically ordered me to take a nice long vacation as soon as I am released for duty. Fourth, winter is coming and closing down water hunting here in OK.

I am really thinkig hard about taking a road trip to Florida, somewhere east coat, or else the Gulf and spending a couple weeks just hunting. 10-12 hours a day. I have wet and dry suits, and scuba gear. I am just itching for some water hunting.

Really, I'm just venting here. I don't know if it will be weeks or months before I'm released, so no hard plans. Feel free to make any comments or suggestions.

Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on down eyery buddy else is here!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the time of year here on the east coast. Winter hunting can be good to great, but tides can be strong which only adds to the difficulty of water hunting, with it being next to impossible a lot of the time. On the other hand, this same increase and frequent shift in current also creates a lot of opportunities that you don't get during the summer season (moves and removes a lot of sand more often). There's also less hunting pressure most of the time, just depends on the weather. But I can tell you this...."there is a lot of gold out there if you can just get at it, and I mean a lot, and there is always the chance of finding something really old as well, like Spanish old." If you think you might come this way let me know.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny,
I feel your pain.....went thur all the same stuff, doc, time off. Good Luck on your trip south, sounds like a great plan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread