tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a spot that is popular with the tour boats that let folks jump into the water and snorkel. Had childish visions of finding gold every 5 minutes or so, I woke up every hour last night in anticipation. It cost $26.00 to rent the gear and I think I managed $1.25 in clad. Good sign though. It shows people have lost stuff.

I have difficulties with the GoPro camera. Thought it was shooting video but it was actually taking still photos. Out of 843 pictures taken I submit these 2.

Good luck out there!

Attachments

• GOPR0842.JPG
    GOPR0842.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 339
  • GOPR0899.JPG
    GOPR0899.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the coins, there probably IS gold in there somewhere.

I disagree with renting equipment being "smart". Like you found, it's not cheap to rent. Purchasing is expensive, but only once. If you dive very much at all you can more than "pay for" for the gear in a year compared to renting.

Play with the GoPro on land to learn its functions so that you are sure what mode you are in when you are underwater.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the coins, there probably IS gold in there somewhere.

I disagree with renting equipment being "smart". Like you found, it's not cheap to rent. Purchasing is expensive, but only once. If you dive very much at all you can more than "pay for" for the gear in a year compared to renting.

Play with the GoPro on land to learn its functions so that you are sure what mode you are in when you are underwater.

Thanks. What you are saying is "practice, practice, practice". I don't like the idea of renting anything. I'm gonna give it 2 or 3 more attempts before I invest in my own gear. I have about another 14 months left here. I have to justify the expense to myself, because I'm a cheap b@$T@rd. If I told my gal I wanted to buy the gear she'd say go ahead. She's a good one.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool swiming pics for coin fishes

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next dive may be the "BIG ONE" Hard to say what's out there but you will find what others can't. Good luck!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a spot that is popular with the tour boats that let folks jump into the water and snorkel. Had childish visions of finding gold every 5 minutes or so, I woke up every hour last night in anticipation. It cost $26.00 to rent the gear and I think I managed $1.25 in clad. Good sign though. It shows people have lost stuff.

I have difficulties with the GoPro camera. Thought it was shooting video but it was actually taking still photos. Out of 843 pictures taken I submit these 2.

Good luck out there!

I would give my left.....well, never mind......to be able to hunt in that clear water all the time. Even if I found nothing the sights alone would be worth gold. I'm in envy. :icon_thumright:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
You might look for some good, used gear.

Absolutely!!! Lots of good used gear out there just have to hunt it down!!
Years and years ago I pieced my gear together at yard sales thrift stores ect... Be safe and have a pro service and inspect any used gear!!! Take good care of it and it will last!!!
Speaking about cheap, where is the best place to get the gopro camera!

SnT

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeeesh......if I took a photo underwater here......you wouldnt be able to see the detector. Awsome

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures,next one will be your Gold,,HH:hello:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Sounds like you have a great plan! Maybe I should have rented some equipment while I was there. I guess i would need to refresh my certification first. Like Les said, next time might be the big one.

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to find a spot with hard pan (gravel, clay) down a few inches below the sand. If so, I bet you will get some gold.
Good luck.
Gary G.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread