Short Beach Trips Nets 4 Rings and a Crematory Tag.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a business trip on Friday and Saturday to North Myrtle Beach and managed to squeeze in a few hunts during my free time. The beach was really sanded in so I focused on the upper wet sand at the ripple troughs and it was the right strategy. I managed to get 4 rings (#52-#55 for year) including one small silver ring and a really cool channel set ring with multicolored stones all around. The one not pictured was a junk gum ball ring. I also got a pendant that I thought was junk but turned out to be gold plated sterling. I also got my first crematory tag..yikes. Another unusual find was a bell with the name Frank Ford on it. Go figure. Got a bunch of clad and enough pull tabs to sink a ship.

Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometimes you can find gold or palladium dental work that gets tossed with the cremation ashes. Palladium will look dull gray if it's been burned. It's not worth as much as gold but still has value. I got $35 recently from the refinery for something I almost tossed in the trash.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig! so i found as your ring with stone. Good luck next hunt!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a good hunt, JimDon; I like that ring on the bottom right of the photo.:headbang:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread