Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
While I frequent the forums here almost daily, I haven't posted in a while because, frankly, things have sucked for me.

The tourist season is winding down, and the beaches here have been hammered by recent typhoons. This not only gets the beaches closed for a few days while the cleanup is done, but it also washes in a lot of lightweight material (read: pulltabs, grommets, cans), so the hunting has been dismal for the last month or so. Not only that, if we're going to get a typhoon, you can rest assured that it'll happen on the weekend, so that cuts the beach population to zero during a time when there would be hundreds of people drinking beer and getting all rowdy in the water.

The coins have been getting slim, having only found 812 yen on last nights hunt ($10), and while I did find 3 rings (back to back to back), all 3 were crappers. Can't anyone wear some decent stuff nowadays?

My log book for the year (which ends Nov 1) shows me with some pretty good numbers, but I fear that this next year is going to suck if I don't find some honey holes to work over the winter. It's getting to crunch time and I'll post my yearly totals in a couple of weeks. Last year was pretty good, and this year will trump the finds from last years totals.... but I still have that sinking feeling that it's going to be even more work this year just to keep the numbers up. Either it'll have to be more trips out, longer hunting times, or a combination of both just to keep the averages.

I'm going to have to get creative for 2013. That's a given.

So stay tuned for my end-of-the-year totals. Nov 1 is the deadline to finish the year out, but it seems that all I'm doing lately is bringing my numbers down trying to find that elusive yellow metal.

Keep posting all those great finds!!! I really enjoy hearing about all that gold being found. It just warms my heart knowing that some pirate out there is getting the booty.... even if it isn't me.

Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a road trip to some new spots will help!!:treasurechest:

snT

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, if you're a dude and I'm guessing in the military, grab a flight to Tokyo because there are several million hot Japanese chicks going to waste. Much better than MD'ing. If you're a chick, military or not, well, just hit the beach again. Take a bottle of something with you. You may not find anything, but you won't care. If you can score a bottle of Mescal and drink enough, you may see Godzilla.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Ok, if you're a dude and I'm guessing in the military, grab a flight to Tokyo because there are several million hot Japanese chicks going to waste. Much better than MD'ing. If you're a chick, military or not, well, just hit the beach again. Take a bottle of something with you. You may not find anything, but you won't care. If you can score a bottle of Mescal and drink enough, you may see Godzilla.

Yep... I'm a guy. But I'm not in the military. I'm just a defense contractor stationed here to babysit some air conditioning equipment.
Japanese women, while beautiful, just aren't my type. I'll stick to a good old-fashioned Southern beauty ;)

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Don't feel so bad. I have been sick all year pretty much and havn't detected once. Had my gall bladder removed and pneumonia twice. You will bounce back into the + column.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Bobbypins, it's been about the same for me this year...which is why I havent' posted much of anything in a while.

I wish you a lucrative detecting season next time around

Lorraine

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a good month last month, but this month isnt looking good for me either. Between the Red Tide and deep sand up the coast its hit and miss. More luck than anything. Hang in there you in the land of PL.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread