Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday evening I found and returned a guys car keys and wallet lost on the beach containing $600.00 cash, the person had used his shoes to mark the hidden stuff but a good samaritan walking the beach moved the shoes higher up on the beach so they did not get wet. Todays return was a little more difficult and it involved a little bit of snake wrangling. While searching an eroded beach with a 6 foot cut I found a snake trapped between the base of the cut and the incoming tide. I scooped the water moccasin up and tried to climb the face of the cut to put the snake to safety. The feisty snake slithered out of my scoop basket and launched itself towards me a couple of times as we both rolled back down the cut. I was finally able to get the snake back in my scoop basket and put it safely in the dunes. Must have been good karma as I went home with some cool Spanish artifacts from one beach and a Tiffany & Co platinum and diamond ring from another beach.

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good return, where are the pics?

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These type of snakes bite, it is good of you not to killed it. God bless you.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and him would not have gotten along. Those finds sound cool Gary.... that Tiff Pl is a big ticket.... good find.

Dew

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK! I give up! Where in the world would you come across a Moc and what beach? WOW!

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice Gary.got an iron spike, gold and silver rings n lots o crusty money...$13.ya i wouldn't mess with snakes...hats off to you on that one

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,:icon_thumright:I can just imagine that Tiffany ring and Platinum,$$,,we all love Miss Tiffany,,HH:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread