IN GOLDEN POND !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Connected with Leprechaun today.... Little did we know we were heading to a virgin area, in a POND i knew about... How do I know? Well with the amount of targets and the amount of rings that we came out with, I would say that no one has been there before.... When you have been detecting as long as we have, you can tell quickly if it's been hit.... Our Totals at the end of the day were impressive even to us..... We are on a GOLDEN high ..... As soon as we walked into the water, Leprechaun yelled the magic word... GOLD.... wow he walked rite on top of it... a nice band.... I then said HELLO to a GOLD class ring that hasn't seen the sunlight in quite a few years... Marked 1925 and made by a Boston Company O'neil & Casella... they started back in 1921.... Then I hear Gold, are you kidding me? man he was on a tear today... he had a very nice Religous medal marked 14 K and he got the chain too... Congrats on that nice find... started heading out into the deeper water and then bang another GOLD wedding band with yup you guessed it... Diamonds ..... man what a diamond streak I am on this season.... so I head over to show it off and he says .... GOLD ..... I said where... he says in the bottom of my scoop.... ok, at this point we had to stop and just laugh ( out loud )... man what a day.... We went at it hard and fast for a while ... quite a bit of coins and not much other jewelry.... We turned back and I got another ring but thought that it was sterling... I clipped it on , but the real surprize was when I got home and cleaned it up... Marked (PT).... WOW is all I can say... must have been in the mud for years...... never seen one turn black....Leprechaun also ended the day with 2 more rings , One Gold and a very nice Sterling ring with a GOLD emblam on the face... Good Luck hunting the virgin areas do exhist... keep looking... Thanks to Google Earth....and thanks to Leprechaun for such a great day... Good friends are harder to find then GOLD :pot-of-gold: 14 K.JPG virgin  (1).JPG virgin  (3).JPG virgin  (7).JPG virgin  (8).JPG virgin  (9).JPG virgin  (12).JPG virgin  (16).JPG IMG00495-20121022-1425.jpg IMG00497-20121022-1425.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yeah Baby!!! Stop hitting my ponds!! Lol!! Somebody is wicked jealous!!:skullflag:

:thumbsup: SnT

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Impressive finds. Congrats again.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What a great day for you guys, congratulations!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt guys - might be worth going deeper there :thumb_up:

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats to the both of you someday ill make it out again

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats to the both of you someday ill make it out again

Me too! Friday truck got new battery& cable/front breaks and thank god a simple fix on my catalytic converter!! Next week I'm going deep!!!

SnT

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes it is nice to hit a virgin area. Very good work on figuring where to hunt. Keep working it. A few years ago friends had found areas that the current(in saltwater beaches) that had moved sand away on spring tides, and rings were everywhere. I went to several of these places and it was really unreal how many were found. Many people were saying we were going to protected places, but it was public beaches, and regularly hit places, just certain areas were eroded. Little tiny holes. Some were right in the middle of the public beach. They dont post anymore. Too much drama. But they are still finding gold rings. Good homework!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Great story to!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:wav::wav::tchest:WTG,on your virgin honey hole,so happy for you guys,,HH:hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds are very nice, congratulations!!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did have an Awesome day hunting, It was a blast, I haven't seen a day like that since 2010. A bigggggggggggggg thank you to Whydah for taking me to Golden pond.
We'll have to go back there soon buddy.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...can't seem to find Virgin Pond anywhere on Google maps! :laughing9:

Absolutely great finds, guys! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

HH,
Anita

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Wow, what a day for you two! A place like that needs worked over more and maybe when it starts to refuse to give more, change to a different type of detector to see what else is there....Not that I'm trying to tell a few pros what to do..... I just know it has worked for me.

Cliff

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
dig everything

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great strory and great finds...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions