Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got a good number of hours behind the wheel of the Xcal now hunting in PP with the advantage of reverse disc. For those using a PI and HAVE used the Xcal using reverse disc.... what kind of depth difference are you getting on say a clad dime.... since thats a consistent target? Im not looking for FISHERMANS TAPE measurements to justify what you are using. Give me some realistic guesses. I say guesses because i know depth out there is just that a guess. But .... if you have used both machines long enough to KNOW them id like to hear what you have to say on depth as well as a PIs SENSITIVITY to small gold over an Xcal here in Florida. Ive yet to get my hands on a PI to check targets and the work involved over a VLF. Yes i could jump out and buy one and do my own testing..... and may well have to. Its not about the money as much as changing my style for a just a small amount of depth and loosing the ability to cover a beach more quickly. Im also VERY happy with the Xcal.... but a PI is a different second machine to be used in the winter mostly.

Dew

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tells me i may not want an Inf Ron if you are selling it because i know you do very well down there and know your machines. Ron... is the Inf. a 15 uS machine like the DF?

Bigscoop.... i am talking depth, but im talking depth on gold targets. We know 14k and 10K may read at different depth as will smaller targets. These smaller targets or even rings on edge might be within the Xcals depth but not be able to be found. So depth to me is sensitivity to these targets. We may be talking a depth of 8 inches or less on some of these like detectable chains. So perhaps a PI with a 15 uS is the answer since the salt setting on the Xcal is designed to keep it stable. I have to believe there are gold items within the Xcal depth range being missed.

Didnt know Eric did the DF.... i believe he also worked with Gary Storm on his design.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tells me i may not want an Inf Ron if you are selling it because i know you do very well down there and know your machines. Ron... is the Inf. a 15 uS machine like the DF?

Bigscoop.... i am talking depth, but im talking depth on gold targets. We know 14k and 10K may read at different depth as will smaller targets. These smaller targets or even rings on edge might be within the Xcals depth but not be able to be found. So depth to me is sensitivity to these targets. We may be talking a depth of 8 inches or less on some of these like detectable chains. So perhaps a PI with a 15 uS is the answer since the salt setting on the Xcal is designed to keep it stable. I have to believe there are gold items within the Xcal depth range being missed.

Didnt know Eric did the DF.... i believe he also worked with Gary Storm on his design.

Ah....see your point/goal more clearly now. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread